With low mileage, I used to have service done by time (year) but now I'm starting to have service done by miles because I drive a little more. This has alerted me of either a possible problem or a possible quirk in the SID.

The last time the SID had a service reminder, the oil life indicator was 10%, I think. I was going to wait until 0% before changing the oil and resetting it but later there was no reset menu that appeared earlier at about 10%. I suspect this is an electric gremlin but perhaps it's a quirk in the system? (The only way I could reset the SID was to advance the date 2 years ahead, change it back to current, then reset it. However, that affected the "days remaining" part of the SID.)

If one resets the SID at 10% but doesn't change the oil for 10% until the reading is 90%, eventually the SID will be out of sync with the observed schedule. The second time around, the SID will call for service at 10% but since one did it at 90%, should one reset it and wait until the SID is at 80%?

The solution, in my opinion, is to do the service when the warning first appears at 10% and consistently do it that way. Since I change the oil with twice the frequency, I'll now do it at 55% and 10% and reset the SID and do the service as soon as the warning appears.

Currently, my SID is at 48% with an oil change planned for this weekend. Since the SID will go off at 10%, that means the next oil change will be at only 38% of needed, which is quite early. For one time only, I might reset the SID and then change oil at 95%. That will mean that I would have changed it at 48% (used 52), 96% (used 42), and 55% (used 41). It will also show that I might be a little too obsessed with numbers and trying to get the schedule exactly spaced out.