Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Dr. Anthony Wasunna
    twasunna
    Saab(s)
    2005 95 2.0Turbo Vector Sport

Quality Aftermarket Direct Ignition Module Saab 95

Hi Gang....
    Any advice on a particular quality after-market brand of DIC for my SAAB 95 2.0T Vector Sport that will replace my failing OEM unit?
    Also need a good ALarm module and rear Park Assist Sensor....
    Thanks

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    DIC: There are none thtat are any good. Car Quest has them for 260 while they last. OEM.

Dr. Anthony Wasunna
    twasunna
    Saab(s)
    "while they last"..... you mean they do last...or they do not.....

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Hello and welcome. Car quest is a parts store in the US and they have a very good price on OEM DICs for a low price. What Mike meant with "while they last" is prices will go up when their stock is gone. I don't think they ship and is for local pickup only.

Here is a thread with more information, it also discusses some aftermarket options: http://saabworld.net/f9/last-chance-...m-units-27412/

PartsForSaabs has a good price on OEM and I believe they ship all over the world. Parts for Saabs: 9-5 98'-10' Direct Ignition Cassette

I personally don't have any experience with aftermarket DICs so I can't recommend any.

Dr. Anthony Wasunna
    twasunna
    Saab(s)

Thanks frank for your frank answer. http://saabworld.net/images/smilies/blue/ico

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    Hello and welcome. Car quest is a parts store in the US and they have a very good price on OEM DICs for a low price. What Mike meant with "while they last" is prices will go up when their stock is gone. I don't think they ship and is for local pickup only.

Here is a thread with more information, it also discusses some aftermarket options: http://saabworld.net/f9/last-chance-...m-units-27412/

PartsForSaabs has a good price on OEM and I believe they ship all over the world. Parts for Saabs: 9-5 98'-10' Direct Ignition Cassette

I personally don't have any experience with aftermarket DICs so I can't recommend any.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Rumor is the older cars with T5 (RED DIC) there is a working aftermarket unit out there. As for the Black T7 DIC - there are NO good aftermarket units at all yet. The chineese ones which are sold as a Beck Arnley are garbage. They will missfire out of the box. OEM is the ONLY option as of now.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Dr. Anthony Wasunna
    twasunna
    Saab(s)

Aftermarket DIC

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsside42 View Post
    Rumor is the older cars with T5 (RED DIC) there is a working aftermarket unit out there. As for the Black T7 DIC - there are NO good aftermarket units at all yet. The chineese ones which are sold as a Beck Arnley are garbage. They will missfire out of the box. OEM is the ONLY option as of now.
    Thanks once again for the timely advice. just stopped me from making an unwise purchase
    Anthony Wasunna. Nairobi Kenya