Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    86 900 turbo; 87 900; 87 900S; 88 900; 88 900 turbo; 89 900S; turbo; 87 9000 turbo; 93 9000 turbo

Turbo gauge inop

I had to replace a couple of my cluster illumination bulbs and had the dash bolster apart replacing my clutch pedal and master. Since then my turbo gauge has been inop. Has anyone seen this happen before and have a suggestion where to look? I don't see a diagram in the Bentley book that shows how the gauge is hooked up or connections from under the hood to the gauge. Any help would be appreciated. This is on my 88 900 Turbo 3 door.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everSaab View Post
    I had to replace a couple of my cluster illumination bulbs and had the dash bolster apart replacing my clutch pedal and master. Since then my turbo gauge has been inop. Has anyone seen this happen before and have a suggestion where to look? I don't see a diagram in the Bentley book that shows how the gauge is hooked up or connections from under the hood to the gauge. Any help would be appreciated. This is on my 88 900 Turbo 3 door.
    It's most likely you've disturbed the vac. hose that comes from the inlet manifold. This comes from the manifold through the bulkhead near the LHS door, then to the over-boost switch and the pressure sensor for the APC and finally to the boost gauge. The hose could have come off or be damaged at any of these areas. You may find that turbo performance among other things may be affected if the pressure sensor is inoperative. Don't confuse this hose with the vac. hose that goes the vac. ventilation reservoir on the RHS.

Saab(s)
    86 900 turbo; 87 900; 87 900S; 88 900; 88 900 turbo; 89 900S; turbo; 87 9000 turbo; 93 9000 turbo
    Thanks for the info. I haven't owned the car long so I don't know if all the vacuum lines ae even routed 100% correct. I will start tracing. Best!