Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 93 1.8t Convertible 2005

Saab 93 (2005) Roof issue

Hi all,

Just bought a 2005 Saab 93 a month ago, and all was working fine. However I accidentally left a roll of electrical tape sat on the flat area above the windscreen (where the roof locks in when shut. I then proceeded to shut the roof forgetting that it was there. It all closed except for the rear window section which did not go back down and seal.
    The display showed 'Soft top not locked. Try again.'
    When I retracted the roof to see what the issue was, I discovered the tape and removed it.
    I then tried to shut the roof again the front does shut and lock in place, the rear shelf also goes back, however that is as far as it gets.
    The rear window sits in its open position at 45 degree angle to the body and makes a noise but won't go down to seal against the rear shelf. I have to wait for the pressure to be relived to push it down manually (however it does not seal tight and I can't find the place to put the tool to lock it manually).

Any advice on what this could be/whether any sensors need resetting would be much appreciated.

Tim Schlose
    Saab(s)
    2007 9,3 Aero S/C
    I would first start by rebooting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and allow the ECU clear the CEL.

Tim

Saab(s)
    9-3 cabriolet
    I have the same problem at the moment. Though its been caused by me changing the front actuator. So what was the cure in the end?