Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

New Volvo S60, V60, XC60, V70, XC70 and S80 Model Year 2014

The S60 and XC60 show a nice improvement and the S80 was in desperate need of an all-new model. I am sure the V60 and V70 won't make it to the US (like the V40).

Nya Volvo S60, V60, XC60, V70, XC70 och S80

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    It's sad that the only European "small" wagon is the Jetta Sportwagen (or whatever VW calls it, and I use quotes on small because small it ain't). They have the market cornered on that. Even the Chevy Cruze Wagon is a nice Euro wagon I'd like to see offered in the US. Other choices are the Acura wagon (whatever alphabet soup name Honda uses to call its Accord Wagon in the US), and the Subaru Outback, which used to be better looking on the last generation. I see the Volvo (and everybody else's) wagons here in Germany and they are good looking, I think they stand out compared to BMW, Audi, and Opel wagons whose styling is a bit boring to me. The Benz wagons have some of the ugliest tail lights right now. The other Euro wagons I really like that we sure won't get in the US is Skoda, their people movers are very well designed, better looking than VW's, their parent company. I can't wait for wagons to make a come back in the US.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0T SportCombi "Mattie"; On SAABatical: 1993 9000 CSE 2.3T "Matilda"
    Don't want to be the sour-puss, but IMHO if you take away the Volvo emblem and diagonal bar across the grille (I'm sure there's a name for it), none of these cars look "Volvo".
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"
    SAAB CLUB of WESTERN CANADA (SCWC)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabKen View Post
    Don't want to be the sour-puss, but IMHO if you take away the Volvo emblem and diagonal bar across the grille (I'm sure there's a name for it), none of these cars look "Volvo".
    What is the 'Volvo' look? I think Volvo is going in the right direction with their designs. More dynamic then their brick design but not over the top like the German big three.

I wish they would get rid of the diagonal bar. It just makes the front look asymmetrical. Like those Alfa's with the license plate on the side. I like symmetrical.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch

New Volvo S60, V60, XC60, V70, XC70 and S80 Model Year 2014

I have to say that I am really disappointed by Volvo's current US line-up. The V70 is/was a popular model and in fact took home Sweden's best car award last year. And to cut production of the C30... Man... I would have dropped the S80 first. I will admit, having driven the S60 T5 AWD last week (a replacement for my grandmother's 2002 9-3 SE), that's a fantastic car. Roomy, comfortable, it drives very nice, and has good styling.

I think it would be awesome if they sold the Cruze wagon here, that is a sharp little car, but alas, not to be. America has become a land of retro styled muscle cars and cross overs...
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"