Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Saab(s)
    1994 Saab 900T Commemorative Addition, 2010 Saab 9-3 Aero Sedan,

Regarding your very slick aux input cable install.

Does this picture by chance mean that the phone controls on the steering wheel are working. Want to do this to perhaps add a wireless bluetooth device.

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 1999 2.0
    Here a message from a NEW Saab owner and new member of this forum.
    First of all, thanks for this tutorial. Having a way to listen to my Spotify playlist was something I had to have, so i started to do this mod.

Having a Saab 9-3 and a different radio I had to search for the right connections on the main board.
    After finding them I soldered all needed cables I looked around for the best spot to install the switch and this is my solution:

Name:  IMG_20170416_121124.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  31.5 KB

I think it looks great.

But instead of connecting my phone with a cable I wanted to be able to use bluetooth, so I connected the unit to my BT audio module.

Name:  IMG_20170416_121223.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  49.2 KB

USB hub and BT module will have their own spot inside the dashboard when everything is working as it should.
    This becasue i am having some issues.

First of all..
    -when connecting my phone directly to the 3.5mm jack, sound is very low. Gladly this is corrected when I connect through Bluetooth.
    Second issue
    -when connected through BT, I only have sound on the right side of the car. Left only gives me a lot of noise.

Need to check all soldering , and maybe solder the cable directly to the BT module.

And I think I will also need to install some kind of noise filter. Didn't try to charge my phone while listening to music, but I know for sure some static noise will be there
    Last edited by seninha; 18 April 2017 at 13:22.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Seninha, we can't see your pictures. They are probably not in a shared album (Google keeps them private by default) so you need to share them first. You can also easily upload them to the forum using the picture button. More info about using pictures on the forum here: http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=39

Name:  2017-04-18_8-43-28.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  17.5 KB

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-3 1999 2.0
    Done Norfwulf.Many thanks.

I was on my way to the car because I think I discover why I don't get sound on the left side.
    Could be some issue with left and ground connected to each other.

UPDATE

Everything is now working as it should. Left and right.
    Also use an other USB 12V connector and this one gives me less static noise. Lucky because the noise blocker I bought lowers the sound to much.

Name:  IMG_20170418_165319.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  37.2 KB

Will drive around like this for the moment and if the noise is to much then I will need to search for an other solution.

After I installing everything I wanted to check my left rear speaker because this one does not sound great. Some times is oke but sometimes it's trembles and distort the sound.
    While figuring how to remove the speaker, music suddenly stopped .
    Radio was on, and only gave me sound when turning the key to OFF . No idea why until i tried to start the car .......Not enough juice hahah
    So i need to wait for my pal to help me jump the car
    Last edited by seninha; 18 April 2017 at 14:59.

Saab(s)
    C900 Aero, 9-5 M03
    Hey Saab lovers. I would like to refresh the topic to check if anyone tried this solution on Kenwood/Denso audio system with navi and CD changer in the trunk?

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 2.9t Estate
    Quote Originally Posted by j_szczygiel View Post
    Hey Saab lovers. I would like to refresh the topic to check if anyone tried this solution on Kenwood/Denso audio system with navi and CD changer in the trunk?
    Also interested and searching the subject.. all I found so far is a "crude" solution pic, with not much else explanations.. maybe hopefully someone here will have more info

Name:  IMG_3202.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  87.4 KB