Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Serkan Kaan Uygur
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 9-5

Lightbulb İnteresting sound

My SAAB is 1998 years 9-5 SE LPT. Automatic. When gear is P, idle is normally. When gear is R or N, idle is some down. So i am turning my wheels a little; my idle is low and coming knocking sound and i feel engine will stop. But no stop. What is the problem ??? Sorry for my english...

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Typical noise could be the Serpintine/Drive belt slapping. Your car if it's a 2.3L 4 cylinder has two different belt options - both work effectively - but one makes noise. If your belt makes a straight path across the top pulleys (beneath the "U shaped" motor mount brakcet) then you have the SHORT BELT = the noisy setup, but more reliable/cheaper option. If the belt makes a "V" in the middle down to the center idler pulley then it's the long belt. This route usually is quiet unless the belt tensioner is worn out and flopping around alot.

See if this is you problem - report back. Thanks!
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com