Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Interior lights will not turn off.

Suddenly my interior lights will not turn off. I have to remove fuse 35 in order not to run my battery down. I have a 2002 Saab 9-3 convertible.yesthe doors are closed. can anyone help me please?
    Michael

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Does your ignition cylinder pop up when you pull the key out? Does your radio turn off/remotes operate?

If no - then you need to have your lock cylinder cleaned or replaced.

If yes - you may have a bad door switch or a bad ignition switch.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1997 9000 CS(sold), 2003 9-3SS, 2001 9-3 Viggen(Sold...then re-bought :D)
    i second the bad door switch being the culprit

Saab(s)
    2007 9-7x
    My 2007 9-7x had the same problem within the last 2 weeks, interior lights would not shut off, even whilst driving. That problem has worked itself out, however, now the remote doesn't work (replaced the battery and followed remote learning procedure), can't unlock/lock doors or use the panic feature, dash lights and radio both turn off as soon as I turn the ignition off, instead of staying on for a few minutes or until a door is opened as it did previously, remote start doesn't work, glass hatch will not lock and not sure if it's related but my rear wiper arm also stopped working. I did check the fuse and relay with a multimeter and they both turned out ok. All of the issues listed above were not present 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated????