Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion

We should raise some hell about this.

So, this has been making the rounds on the internet lately. I know it's kind of a global thermonuclear flame-war, but the band Vampire Weekend did a very sad thing. They burned two perfectly good, running, well looked-after classic 900 cars for a music video, after lying to their previous owners about where they were going.

Here's the video. But don't click on it unless you immediately hit the dislike button and leave the page. Well, I couldn't take any more than that.

Those cars were nicer than my girlfriend's 900, which we are fixing and making into a good car. My girlfriend, who knew about Vampire Weekend before they were so mainstream, says their music sucks anyway.
    Last edited by euromobile900; 23 March 2013 at 01:47.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Ian Scott
    Saab(s)
    Current: 87 900t, 02 9-5 4d Past: 88 900t, 05 9-5 wagon, 87,89 9000T, 91+85 900S, 84 900 8vt 4d

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    They make good music imo.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    If you buy it you can do with it what ever you want. It's like a celebrity buying an expensive Italian sports car and crash it. All sad and a crime against automotive ownership but not much you can do. The only sad part is they are a bunch of ignorant dickheads and deceived the previous owners. Never even heard of them before.

Vampire Weekend Are A Bunch Of Dicks

Ready for a Saab story? These two cars will be lit on fire in a music video on Saturday. The previous owners I picked them up from were telling me all of the nice times they had in them and to make sure to take care of them. Little do they know they will be charcoal in 2 days. Both said they wanted to see the finished video. It was hard to keep a straight face while they proclaimed their love for these Junkers.

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
    They make good music imo.
    Doesn't matter anymore. DEAD TO ME.
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by euromobile900 View Post
    Doesn't matter anymore. DEAD TO ME.
    SO what about the US version of TG that tore up the Viggen? Or all of the other shows that destroy cars?

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
    SO what about the US version of TG that tore up the Viggen? Or all of the other shows that destroy cars?
    That car was in POOR shape at best - that show could have done far more good just by using that car as they did. People will likely look for a Viggen to buy knowing how cheap they can be had and how fast they can go. That 1 poor car could possibly save dozens more.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    Exactly. These 900 cars were actually good ones, which is why there is a difference. I could have given them my girlfriend's beater-of-a-900 to destroy, in exchange for one of those. The vert had super aero rims!