Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 wagon. EB59E 2003

Central lock, back wiper, fuel lock opener, battery warning, oil warning, speake

[FONT=Verdana]Hi.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I have purchased my first car last week (new driver), it's 9-5 wagon. EB59E 2003. I have some issues that I hope you can help me with.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]1: Something wrong with the central lock. one of the back doors does not close at all, the other can not open at all. is it the central lock that needs to be changed?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]2: The back wiper just spills the water down on the car, it does not go up on the glass. What needs to be checked here?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]3: The two buttons on the driver's door do not work (baggage door opener, fuel lock). they worked before the mechanic opened the door to fix a broken window,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] then they stopped. he suggested that it might be a fuse problem, but which fuse?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]4: Once I turn ON the car, I get red lights for Oil and Battery with a a warning triangle. Once i start driving, they disappear. Is it something to worry about? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] P.S. no error about them appears on the SID.
    [/FONT]

5: the original CD player was removed , and a Denver one is installed. it works fine, except that only the two speakers on the back doors that work. How can I get the other speakers connected?

[FONT=Verdana]Thanks in advance, and I appreciate the simple answers, I'm not experienced in this[/FONT]

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.0t -99 E85Fuel 230hp
    Hi

2. you have to turn those little noses on viper basis "black box" with flathead screwdriver,so the water spills on right angle to the class..your "black box) is clogged with dirt so water can´t get out..get of that box by turning it open and pull toward you.then clean those little noses with pin needle and maybe use some compressed air...notice that there is a very little o-ring inside, mine was turned sideways so water can´t get out!
    3. i dont remember the fuse..make sure first that they are electrically plugged back on! you can remove those buttons with flathead screwdriver carefully and check that plugs are on at the backside of the buttons
    4. totally normal, do not worry!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 wagon. EB59E 2003
    Thanks mienkoiv.

2: i checked the wiper thing, the plastic cover that goes on the water pipe is a little bit loose. I will try to put something to make it fit.

About the plugs in the door, we checked and they are connected, beside they are kind of fail-proof with color and type of plug, so I guess the fuse needs to be checked, just if I know which one it is.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamees79 View Post
    5: the original CD player was removed , and a Denver one is installed. it works fine, except that only the two speakers on the back doors that work. How can I get the other speakers connected?
    Do you mean the original head unit was replaced with an aftermarket? If that's the case, they may not have wired it the right way. It sounds like the original system is AS1 or perhaps there may be a faulty amplifier.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5 wagon. EB59E 2003
    Hi Frank. Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the late reply.

it's replaced with a standard ISO stereo. I belive I need connector to connect the SAAB standard cables to ISO standard cables.
    I saw these 2 items, but not sure if any of them is what I need, can you help me figure our which one of them is needed, please?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004S6JDLO
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-PC.../dp/B0043GWASM

Kind regards