Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon

Brake upgrdes for 9-5 Linear

I found this BKSA010-611SBL KSport Front Brake Kit - ProComp 6 Piston - 11 Inch, Blue, Aluminum Calipers for 99-up Saab 9-5 at Andy's Auto Sport and was wondering, has anyone gone this route yet? They say this is a LARGER upgrade, but why does it say 15" wheels?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    That must the minimum wheel size so any Saab 9-5 wheel should be fine. It's a bit odd though because the Aero front brakes require 16" wheels or larger.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    Unless I misread but I already have 16" wanting to go 17" if needed for Aero upgrade, if not then I will keep the 16". Is there any other kits out like this one that's a direct bolt on? Finding the Aero parts will be hard for me in South Jersey, since I've only come across stockers or a Linear here or there. Any hook up would be most appreciative.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    Well. I checked it out again and found that they have them for all size wheels even up to 20 inch. HaHa...could you see the wagon rolling on 20's? Wouldn't you see that in downtown Detroit or something...lol. Anyway I would need a parts source for the 02' to 09' Aero brackets for the front to go the cheaper route. If anyone knows of a source please fwd the info to me. Thanks in advance for whoever helped.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch

Brake upgrdes for 9-5 Linear

I have a pair of Aero brackets in the garage that need a home... P/m me.
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    I bought my brakes and rotors at A 1 Concepts. Brembo rotors and Akeabo pads. Sp? Anyway, they are very good in my 01 Aero.

Luis R
    Saab(s)
    03' 9-5 Linear wagon
    I also wanted to know are the Aero and Linear rear brakes the same or diff? Anyone have any clue? I want to run the 16" if they will fit, if not I found a site that has a HUGE!!! selection of factory Saab wheels re-done and fairly cheap. Cheaper than what a new set of wheels would cost from an aftermarket source. So 17"s are not out of the questions, especially when all 4 will run about 400+. Thanks for the help.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Original Aero rear brakes are Ventillated. The last few years they just had solid rears. So yes - they originally had larger rear rotors by means of being ventillated. Different carrier. Same caliper and pads I believe.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com