Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Question 2008 TurboX Diag Help/Info Requested - Saab Techs - P1895/P1896/P0700 - TCS/CEL

I need some help from the fellow saab techs on here - I am working on a 2008 9-3 TurboX automatic with a Traction Control light on, Limited performance and a CEL. Details follow;

Customer states that the traction control light comes on and the vehicle will not go fast. It will over rev and feels like it is in limp mode.

Customer States the check engine light is on.

I pulled DTC's via Tech2 and found these in the car;
    ME9 -
    P0089 00 - FRP Performance (Pump was ordered/backordered from previous visit)
    I saw the new bulleton about the control module/fitting a FWD unit. Ordered and Installed new control module.
    P0700 00 - TCM, CEL Request
    TCM -
    P1895 00 - Engine Torque. No Data, BUS from ECM
    P1896 00 - Engine Torque. No Data, BUS from ECM
    TPMM -
    C0777 5A - Tire Position not fixed

Last vist was Feb. 2013 when we installed a TCM and programed it. This was over 3,000 miles ago and a little over a month.

Following WIS leads you in circles and get's you nowhere from the codes stored. Wiring diagrams are inconclusive from what I see. PINS are clean and dry. Connectors are the same. I check the ME9 as well for this. Since contacting TAC - I've gotton off on my own again as they are failing to help due to lack of documented cases on their end.

My Tech2 data as follows;
    Key on engine off. Secured and checked all hose clamps in the intake and pressure side. All seemed OK but secured anyways.
    The BARO or Atmospheric Pressure sensor is showing 3.98v-4.02V while the MAF is showing 1v.
    Key on engine running the baro remains at 3.98v and does not adjust with throttle change. This is correct function as the altitude is not changing.

I have since pulled the battery back out and the tray - unplugged all connectors behind the driver's headlight and below - blown out with shop air, sprayed with electronics parts cleaner and recoonected all connectors. I also loosened and resecured all grounds in this area.

Any suggestions? I am having them put gas in it right now so I can drive it to see if these faults return.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2011 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch

2008 TurboX Diag Help/Info Requested - Saab Techs - P1895/P1896/P0700 - TCS/CEL

That's a bizarre one Jeff, we had one do something similar a few years ago and it ended up being a battery leaked out and ruined some wires in the harness under the tray, but you've checked that already...
    2011 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD Performance by Hirsch "Wolffe"

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Well - I put the car back together and drove it over 45 miles on and off in about 10 mile spurts on all types of roads and conditions. No lights came on - hope it's fixed. Let the customer take it. Here's to the dirty connectors and hose clamps being secured fixing it....
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com