Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-4x
    I have a 9-4x as my daily drive in Stockholm since about a year and a half. I would also be interested if there is a solution to reprogram the infotainment to european standards.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-4x
    Nice, so we can have a local 9-4x club in Stockholm I guess your's is a US import? Would be good to meet up and compare notes on service, etc. I was in Kiel last week and visited the SAAB dealer that is on the picture above (the red 9-4x is still there) and they claim to be able to get hold of sparepart via US.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-4x
    Quote Originally Posted by gmartinsson View Post
    Nice, so we can have a local 9-4x club in Stockholm I guess your's is a US import? Would be good to meet up and compare notes on service, etc. I was in Kiel last week and visited the SAAB dealer that is on the picture above (the red 9-4x is still there) and they claim to be able to get hold of sparepart via US.
    Yep, mine is a US import. I have been fortunately enough to not have any real issues or needs for spares yet, but inevitably that day will come... good to know where to turn then.
    I do however have the "passenger side footwell leakage" problem (discussed in another thread). Need to find a place to get that fixed. Any hints anyone?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Nice to see several 9-4X owners in Europe. I don't want to complain or anything but.. I share Mr. Carlsson's thoughts.

Name:  thread-useless-without-saab-pictures.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  44.2 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Saab 9-4x
    Pictures were requested... Here's my 9-4x Aero in Swedish winter conditions.

Name:  Saab 9-4x.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  34.6 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Vector SS / 9-3 Aero SS / 9-3 Aero SportCombi / 9-4X Aero / 900 Turbo Convertible
    #91 on the Lake of Zurich...

Name:  SAAB94X.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  34.0 KB

Saab(s)
    900 Classic Aero / 9-3 Viggen / 95 II Sportcombi / 94X CA spec

Another Driver in Switzerland

Hi, also a 94X is driving near the lake of constance .... same problems with navigation / radio channels / Multimedia plays only US DVD's.

Did nobody find a solution for update to europaen specifications?

Thanks

Joachim

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 Vector SS / 9-3 Aero SS / 9-3 Aero SportCombi / 9-4X Aero / 900 Turbo Convertible
    Hi Joachim,

as suggested in a previous post above I wrote an E-Mail to the Autohaus Lafrentz in Kiel three weeks ago. I got a very quick and professional response from Mr. Lafrentz. (If Kiel would not be that far away from here, this dealer would have been the second home for #91 and all my previous SAAB's! )

I hope it's allowed to quote his answer:

"leider gibt es keine Lösung zur Änderung von US auf EU Navigation. Es müsste das komplette System
    getauscht werden. Dies haben wir hier im Haus bei unserem eigenen Fahrzeug probiert, leider kann das
    EU Gerät aber im Fahrzeug weder programmiert noch freigeschaltet werden. Wir sind nach wie vor im
    engen Kontakt mit den entsprechenden Persönlichkeiten bei Saab, haben aber leider noch keine Lösung
    bekommen!"

Best regards,
    Thomas

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5NG SC
    Name:  WP_20131130_10_51_36_Pro.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  32.6 KB
    I am happy to confirm that this stunning Crystal Red Aero is now standing on my driveway in Stockholm (picture taken last week when I was driving home from Kiel and just had to stop by the factory in Trollhättan to take some pics)...
    Seems we can indeed start our local 9-4X club now

Saab(s)
    9.4x aero
    Hello Bart here from Amsterdam Holland just bought one (ice pearl aero) and waiting delivery , i have heard that the software is available thru the dealers and it comes on a usb stick the dealer where i bought it said he will buy it. i will keep you posted and if you have any news i would love to here i.

greetings Bart