Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 convertible, saab 94

SAAB 9-3 1999 convertible wheel size

Can anyone out there help me guys, my saab 9-3 convertible had fancy wheels on it when i bought it, and allthough quite nice looking, they are not really for me. The thing is, they are fitted with 245/45 z17 tyres and i dont think they are doing the handling much good. So, why i write is, can anyone tell me what the true size of wheel and tyre was, when fitted to my car when it left the factory? I want to turn the car back to "AS FACTORY SPEC" and wondred what the true size is, as there are apparently several sizes fitted to saabs, so to confirm, my car is a 1999 2litre S non turbo, manual convertible and has always been a uk car, and still remains in the uk.

Any advice would be great as it is a maze out there, few people are able to tell me the size fitted as standard, and keep wanting to keep me on larger wheels and tyres, and all i want is bogg standard fittment. Thanks guys!!

Saab(s)
    1996 NG900 2.0 Turbo automatic
    The original size and others that can be put on your car are written in the owners manual and on the drivers door pillar or the petrol tank cap.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 convertible, saab 94
    Bullet, thanks for that, i never got a manual with the car, but have ordered one from a company so should arrive soon. But with the info about the door pillar, i will be able to solve my problem. Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The manual for the US 2000 Saab 9-3 shows the information below. You can download the manual here: 2000 Saab 9-3 Owners Manual - Downloads - SaabWorld

Name:  saab-93-wheel-tyre-size.gif
Views: 1379
Size:  33.9 KB

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    245/45R17 will not work. FAR TOO WIDE. 225/45r17 should be as wide as that car will allow without rubbing. My 1999 9-3 Hatch we used to have didn't like having 215/45r17 which was the first 17" OEM size for those cars. Modifying the rear 1/4 lips around the arch was required.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-3 convertible, saab 94
    Thanks Burnsside42, i agree the tyres on my car i feel are too wide, and i am worried about the impact it may have had on bearings, steering joints etc, so i am having a local retired SaaB engineer look her over. I am seeking a set of genuine factory fit wheels and tyres, probably from a local breakers yard, and put her back to standard. I just wish people would leave cars alone! I know she runs ok with these monsters on, but she doesnt look right, they mught be smart looking etc, but the car just isnt.....top dollar....so, back to basics, and i'll have them polished and they will look great. Thanks for your coments and help everyone, each one of you have given me help and i appreciate it greatly!!

TRhanks

Neil