Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    Saab 93 Aero 2.8T Convertible - Saab 93 Aero 2.0T Saloon - Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Orvis (Winter Saab :-)

After market rear amp fitting

Hi,

I am looking to fit an after market ream amp into my 2.8 Aero convertible, looking for advice on where to take the input from and how best to take power and the remote turn on. Also looking for advice on the best speakers for this. planning 2 x 6 x 9's in the spaces behind the rear seat back and a 8 or 10 inch sub in the center space behind the seat. (Thanks for the direction Frank)

Name:  2013-03-24 11.51.36.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  40.6 KB

Regards

Iain

Sebastian Vecchi
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 Wagon (Turbo)
    Hey! I am kind of doing the same thing on my 9-5 wagon. First I'll address how you will be rigging up up your speakers (before we talk about what you should be getting). From what I see in this picture there used to be speakers already in this space? If that is correct then I suggest you just wire the speakers into those holes and then mount them there.

Subwoofer
    When installing subwoofers, what I did was splice one of those wire that go to the speakers with a 2 channel line output converter (high capacity, about 80watts) which will go to your amp which will in turn go to your subwoofer. Now to bring power to the subwoofers you need an amp you just run a set of 8 gauge power kit and lines from your battery, thru your firewall and to the amp (simple as that). If you just google phrases like "how to install subwoofer" or "how to install speakers" then you should come up with some generic tutorials (or message me for details). I suggest you just purchase a subwoofer box and find a place for it to find (usually the trunk/boot) because they take u a nice amount of space regardless and close to impossible to install in your frame. Sometimes you can find a whole box kit that has the amp and subwoofer already installed on the box (thats what I did).

Speakers
    It your Saab doesn't come with a separate amp (like mine does) for your speakers I suggest just putting it under the seat then wiring all the speakers thru there. Speakers are fairly easy to outfit but be sure to get speakers that are powerful enough to take your amp otherwise they will explode.
    If its broken, I can fix it. If it already works, I can break it.

Saab(s)
    Saab 93 Aero 2.8T Convertible - Saab 93 Aero 2.0T Saloon - Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Orvis (Winter Saab :-)
    Hi Svecchi,

Really appreciate your help on this.

Kind regards

Iain

Sebastian Vecchi
    Saab(s)
    2001 Saab 9-5 Wagon (Turbo)
    No problem, if you have any more questions feel free to message me. I am currently doing this job on my car and its pretty exciting!
    If its broken, I can fix it. If it already works, I can break it.