Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 Saab 9-5 SE 3.0L V6 turbo

Unhappy TOC light, Brake light, Anti-lock brake light, red triangle light on?

the other day, I repaired my SID display by using a iron to seal the connectors back down, added door insulation to apply pressure. It worked but now since I did that, from time to time the Traction Control light, Anti-lock brake light the red triangle light comes on and then the speedometer does not register. This happens when on the road. The turbo works the SID is works as well when this happens. I turn the car off and sometimes it clears it and sometimes it doesn't, Anyone out there have any answers?

Saab(s)
    2000 SAAB 9-5 2.3 w/ BSR Stage-1 Tune
    You've got classic ABS Module failure. A new/rebuilt module can be installed in the driveway in about 45 minutes. I took mine out, sent it to BBA Remanufacturers and got it back by the end of the week. During the time it was being repaired I used my GPS for a speedometer. It won't hurt anything to drive around a week without it except you won't have ABS, traction control, or gauges.

Saab 9-3 9-5 ABS Bosch 5.3 Removal Instructions for repair

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabcog View Post
    You've got classic ABS Module failure. A new/rebuilt module can be installed in the driveway in about 45 minutes. I took mine out, sent it to BBA Remanufacturers and got it back by the end of the week. During the time it was being repaired I used my GPS for a speedometer. It won't hurt anything to drive around a week without it except you won't have ABS, traction control, or gauges.

Saab 9-3 9-5 ABS Bosch 5.3 Removal Instructions for repair
    Thanks for the reply. I thought the work I did on the SID caused the problem. I will send it out for repair.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)

Reply to ABS Module

Thanks for the help. On my 1999 Saab 9-5, I had to there is also a third screw on the engine side of the fuse box. I was trying to take the box out but it would not move until that bolt was also unscrewed. I also had to take the battery out and the frame that the battery was on for clearance of the 5th and 6th screw. once I did that, the module came out. More information for anyone else with the same problem.

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3
    I have the same issue with my son's '02 9-3 SE as speccomer with one additional nuance and wondering if anyone thinks they are related. The second issue is there is no clicking sound (no audio) when the blinkers are engaged. The blinkers operate but no sound. This problem was intermittent for a while but now seems to be all the time. Regarding the ABS, I cleaned the reluctor teeth and the speedometer now works but I still have all the other lights. No CEL light but did a scan anyway and no stored or pending codes. Checked fuse 19 and the 50A #2 maxifuse and both are fine. Any thoughts on this old thread would be greatly appreciated.