Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sam Carlson
    Saab(s)
    '90 900 LPT with a flat-nose conversion
    Their quality of service has gone down in recent years, but they haven't raised their prices the way eeuro has. They could be doing a much better job, but I think everybody could, in one way or another. That warranty thing is another black mark against them.

I diagnose all the stuff myself by trial and error because I don't even know anybody with the right equipment to read ABS and LH2.2 fault codes! It's tedious and frustrating, but dealing with people makes me even more frustrated!
    Ask me a question about your c900! I promise I either can answer it or know someone who can

Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    1990 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
    I'd gladly pay more for parts from a company with a good return and warranty record. eEuroparts is a few bucks more, but I haven't had the problems with them that I had with Thesaabsite. Thesaabsite, in my estimation, is worthless.

Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    Back to the issue at hand - got to "test drive" the car today, and the brakes feel right, but the ABS light stays on - he has a 2X15 amp relay where a 30 amp should be. I hope that's the issue. Also has problems shifting - we found out the kick-down cable is worn out - pulled from the housing up near the throttle cable. The list continues.

BTW - it's STILL doing the damn "hard warm start," but on the bright side, I was able to duplicate it for the mechanic, so he knows what he's looking for.

Paul K.
    Saab(s)
    DONE AND DONE.

Final Tally - New Fuel Pump, new fuel pressure regulator, new send and return lines, new brake 30A relay, new kick-down cable, but now radio doesn't work (when sitting for a while and the battery drains, this is a common occurrence, from what the manual says) and most dash lights are out.

BUT -

It's running great, no hard-start issues, and it passed emissions with flying colors.

SO -

How difficult is it to change bulbs and do LED equivalents exist that would make dash illumination a bit easier to see?
    I guess I should start a new thread at this point.

Took Elsa out last night for a jaunt and some highway time and she ran great. Very happy.

- Paul