Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2

HELP! P1105 code and turbo.....

.....Isn't working. Its not smoking either but I can't hear it I have an open air intake and it's easily heard. I think it might be the mass airflow sensor I tested it with my OBD 2 and got a P1105 code, found something on MAP sensor. My turbo gauge won't even get into the yellow. I took off my hydro shield pre filter and cleaned it but it wasn't dirty in the first place....do I have to buy a new one or can they be fixed? I just cleaned it a couple of months ago. Thx!
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast

Jose Mateos
    Saab(s)
    Has anyone had this issue with loss of power and air intake? Looking at MAP sensors, but wondering if I could just clean it? It's the sensor on the downpipe coming from turbo going into motor intake correct? I still have some MAF cleaner left over....Again any help would be appreciated

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    This is info for P1105 from the WIS:

Fault diagnosis concerns a leak in the hose to the sensor or between the compressor and the throttle body.

Functions in the diagnostic tool related to the fault:

• Diagnostic status for the diagnosis.
    • Pressure sensor value, unit kPa.

During acceleration, the value should exceed the value for the two other pressure sensors. This DTC is generated if the turbocharger is not able to build up pressure when the enable criteria for the diagnosis have been fulfilled. This can be due to any of the following causes:

• Defective turbo unit, e.g. open wastegate valve or sticking turbine shaft.
    • Major air leak between turbocharger and throttle body.

This usually results in poor driveability and black exhaust smoke. Even trouble codes indicating misfiring or an adaptation fault may occur in case of a major air leak.

• Catalytic converter or exhaust system blockage.

If the flow of exhaust from the turbocharger is obstructed too much, the turbine speed will not be high enough to provide sufficient boost pressure. This will result in considerably impaired engine performance. Misfiring can also occur, above all at high engine speeds.

Name:  p1105-saab.gif
Views: 8221
Size:  16.6 KB

Jose Mateos
    Saab(s)
    Thks Frank!! Much appreciated. There isn't any smoke...if a turbo is bad is there always smoke? I would think it wasn't turning there wouldn't be, but I'm not a turbo expert by any means. Would you start by replacing the MAP...of course I'll check for leaks first, but I didn't see one after a very quick check. Also I'm not sure if a small leak would cause this much a of a power loss. AS I stated before I cannot hear the turbo at all and I have an open air intake which makes it very loud. My car was making small amounts of smoke at startup, but not black smoke, and also not after long drives...it only happens after very short drives and sitting for several hours....after owning the car for almost a yr I believe the smoke is from the valve guide seals. KNOWING THAT THERE ISN'T ANY BLACK SMOKE IS THERE A PLACE YOU WOULD START LOOKING 1ST? Thx again for all of your help

Jose Mateos
    Saab(s)
    I figured it out.....lever came off and wastegate was stuck open, used wire to attach it back and running like champ...thx for your help!!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Great to hear you found the problem and it was something minor.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    what is part number of this sensor ? I'm ready to try replacement of this next to eliminate the 1105 and 1106 fault code.

Saab(s)
    2009 9-3 2.0T SC Aero XWD\eLSD. eSID2
    According to the EPC is the original P/N 55 560 162 "No Longer Serviced" - obsolescent - , replaced by 91 97 948, then 30 584 326 and finally by 55 563 262. Searching the Saabsite, http://www.thesaabsite.com/, by any of the obsolescent P/Ns shows the current one, from xxx.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Strange occurrence. Yesterday changed the engine oil (more about that elsewhere). I had taken off the turbo heat shield (after seeing that some sub-standard mechanic had left the retaining bolt off) and while letting engine idle for about 10 minutes waiting for flush in the crankcase to do its thing I got to thinking about the possible causes for the 1105 and 1106 codes. I had seen some reports that stated the waste gate was sticking. I got my socket wrench extension and tapped on the actuator a few times in different spots (more about that elsewhere). Anyway, after doing the oil change, started up the car to back off the ramps and (!) No CEL (!). Crossing my fingers the the car was so grateful for a flush and clean oil that it turned off the CEL !

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 ARC 2.3T wagon
    Well, the CEL came on again yesterday evening. I guess next step is replace the 55563262.