Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90

I don't know if this was a good idea or not. I made a front transmission mount.

I had stuffed some rubber scraps in the mount and it made a big difference for a day...
    Well it has been clunking and while I was at the local surplus store today I picked up some plastic. It's not as wide as the old rubber mount but I just want the forward and backward clunk to stop for now.
    So it's a quick fix that I'll fix again in the spring when I replace the other rubber bushings in the front end.
    I test drove it earlier and the clunk is gone! Now there is a more annoying rattle...
    I can put up with the rattle for now. At least I don't think the engine and trans. are going to fall out when it down shifts.
    It does shift nicer accelerating now.
    I removed the old rubber thing and traced the inside of the mount hole. Then I cut it out and drew around it on the plastic, then used my jigsaw to cut it out.
    Don't try this at home... I don't know if it will have any adverse effects on the car or not!
    Here are some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Christopher
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero Wagon
    I love DIY solutions and your fix is pretty cool, but you can get an upgraded replacement mount for $35.00. I just replaced mine today. The "clunk" I usually feel is gone from down shifting with the flappy paddles in "Manual" mode. Looking at the old mount I can see why the car felt that way. Big improvement.

Before
    Name:  IMG_2546.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  35.3 KB

After
    Name:  IMG_2548.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  29.3 KB
    Last edited by gnugen; 15 June 2014 at 07:27.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Where did you get the upgraded replacement from? I used the Saab replacement part for mine and, while the clunking is less, there still seems to be a bit too much play on that OEM mount.

Christopher
    Saab(s)
    2004 9-5 Aero Wagon
    I got the mount at GenuineSaab.com.
    GenuineSaab.com