Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3

Bolt size for front lower wishbone/control arm 9-3 (2004)

Hi there, it seems that I am slowly replacing all of the suspension components on my 9-3 convertible in an effort to reduce rattles, I replaced the front offside control arm but managed to twist/break the nut that connects the ball joint to the wheel hub, any ideas on the size and length of said bolt????

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Welcome!
    Sounds like you broke 22461287 (bolt) and will need 90576769 (nut). How hard did you tighten that bolt to break it?! I impact those off and on and have never broken one of those before.

Make sure you locate a Grade 9 bolt if you source generic hardware. I'd suggest a used bolt from a junk yard.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    9-3
    Hi, thanks for replying, I was re-installing it after replacing the control arm, used a jack to take the load and then tried to slide the bolt in when I could see that it was all aligned, started torquing it up but it seemed to get stuck so give it could hit to get it through and managed to put the nut on which just wouldn't tighten, maybe cross threaded...