Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2

might an open air intake reduce boost?

THIS HAS BEEN FIXED, SMALL LEAK IN VACUUM HOSE

I unhooked battery to reset ECU after installing an open air filter, I'm noticing I'm not getting full boost lately, only gets about 2/3 into yellow. Tried the bolt mod with no luck, any idea what else it might be? Turbo looked like new 6 months ago when I saw it opened up....thx!
    Last edited by josemateos; 30 April 2013 at 02:04.
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast

Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2
    IT WAS A SMALL LEAK IN A VACUUM HOSE

Some FYIs, obviously I tried the bolt mod...didn't seem to work....just ordered a might vac to start testing the check valves....it seems like a yr ago when I 1st go the vehicle it would get much closer to red on the boost gauge...not its getting about halfway into the yellow, 2/3rds if I nail it hard....not satisified. I put the open air intake on it a couple months after I purchased the car. I unhooked the battery to reset ECU just in case. I did this again last night after doing the bolt mod, and again after undoing the bolt mod. I'm going to continue to search the threads to see if I can locate a better solution. In the meantime any input would be appreciated. Could a turbo starting to go out, but NOT smoking be the issue? I'm pretty sure mine was changed pretty recently because when I had it up at the Saab Dr they opened it up and I looked in it and it was crystal clean, they said the turbo looked great, after hearing this, dropping oil pan, doing PCV update, and replacing cylinder head bolts and valve cover gasket I'm almost 100% it's the valve guide seals, which I will be replacing in the next couple of months. Now I'm off topic....more info: No CEL, no noticeable air leaks, I just had to reattach the waste-gate lever back on and replaced the C-pin.....DOES THIS HAPPEN ALOT? HOW FAR DOES YOUR TURBO GAUGE GET TO AND HOW HARD IS IT TO GET IT THERE. WHAT ELSE CAN I CHECK THAT COULD BE THE CULPRIT. THX AGAIN!!
    Last edited by josemateos; 30 April 2013 at 02:03.
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast