Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Gonçalo Carvalhais
    Gmcarvalhais
    Saab(s)
    SAAB 93 2.2 DiT, 115cv, 1998

Radio/Cd jump stations??!!...

Hello to all saab 93 owners,

Can someone tell me the "why" of my radio jump from radio station, turn up the volume and Sid in this process pass the information that it has "no disc"?

Best Regards,
    Gmcarvalhais
    (SAAB 93 1998)

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I fear we might have a bit of a translation problem here... unfortunately I do not speak Portuguese. I think our member rpiereck speaks Portuguese, so hopefully he can be a good translator for your problem. Lets see if we can get him here to translate, and then we might be able to get some more people to try to help fix your radio problem.

Eu temo que nós talvez tenhamos um pouco de um problema de tradução aqui... infelizmente eu não falo português. Eu penso que nosso rpiereck de membro fala português, tão com sorte ele pode ser um tradutor bom para seu problema. Deixa vê se nós podemos recebê-lo aqui traduzir, e então nós talvez possamos receber as mais pessoas tentar ajudar reparo seu problema de rádio.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Gonçalo Carvalhais
    Gmcarvalhais
    Saab(s)
    ok, thank you

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Carvalhais, sou Brasileiro e falo português obviamente. Pode me explicar qual é o problem com teu rádio? Te ajudaremos o quanto pudermos.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Gonçalo Carvalhais
    Gmcarvalhais
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Carvalhais, sou Brasileiro e falo português obviamente. Pode me explicar qual é o problem com teu rádio? Te ajudaremos o quanto pudermos.
    OK, óptimo.
    O rádio parece que está com vida própria.
    Passo a explicar, aumenta o volume quando quer (ás vezes até preciso desligar o radio uma vez que o botão do volume não consegue baixar o som), salta de estação de rádio quando quer...
    Enfim, será que preciso de trocar de rádio? Será que o problema passa pelos botões de controle no volante?
    Se me souberes dar uma ajuda, agradeço-te.
    Abraço,
    Gonçalo

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I'm one of the worst ones to try to translate since I know about 5 words of Portuguese and some French. For the benefit of others, here's my very loose translation:

I am Brazilian and I speak Portuguese obviously. Can you explain what is the problem with your radio? Will try to help.

OK. The radio looks like it has a functioning problem. Specifically, the volume gets louder and I sometimes need to turn off the radio if the volume control doesn't work. It also bounces to another radio station sometimes. Do I need to replace the radio?
    Does the problem involve the control buttons on the steering wheel? If you know how to help me, thank you.

Gonçalo (Gonsalo)

Gonçalo Carvalhais
    Gmcarvalhais
    Saab(s)
    Perfect translation!!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    So the radio controls on the steering wheel and the one on the radio are not working? My guess would be there is something wrong with the radio itself; specifically the volume knob. Maybe it is a simple connection that is loose and rubbing intermittently. Honestly, I'm horrible with electrical faults like this and usually start by replacing the cheapest thing that might be causing the problem.

A replacement radio doesn't seem to be too expensive..
    SAAB 93 9-3 RADIO STEREO ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PART No 5370101 2001 CAR | eBay
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Gonçalo Carvalhais
    Gmcarvalhais
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    So the radio controls on the steering wheel and the one on the radio are not working? My guess would be there is something wrong with the radio itself; specifically the volume knob. Maybe it is a simple connection that is loose and rubbing intermittently. Honestly, I'm horrible with electrical faults like this and usually start by replacing the cheapest thing that might be causing the problem.

A replacement radio doesn't seem to be too expensive..
    SAAB 93 9-3 RADIO STEREO ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PART No 5370101 2001 CAR | eBay
    Weel, the radio controls on the steering wheel and the one on the radio are working, but sometimes when they want... and not when you want!!!