Views: 92
Size:  20.9 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  24.1 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  47.3 KB

So question about this column switch, or whatever it is called. I was driving down the street, went to use my blinker, and it fell apart on me. after getting it home, and undoing it and taking a look. this is what I found. Now I live in portland oregon, and There is no one nearby that sells parts for this car. I called around. Now I'm asking you guys to help me if you can. Does anyone have any pictures of what this is supposed to look like, and/or any manuals that they can link me to. I'm getting really frustrated trying to find parts for this, I think the only thing that broke, was a galvanized little pin. But I don't know for sure. if anyone can help me with this, I would be so happy. Thank you.
    -Bryson Rowlett

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Just bought a brand new one one from thesaabsite costs $120.
    Skipped a used one since they all have 100K plus and Ebay was getting like $70
    You may be able to put it back together and re stake the posts that hold it together. This is not one of Saabs finest parts.
    I was able to reassemble my old one and got 6 months out of it before a mechanic over torqued it and the plunger and roller went soaring across the garage into the oil sump. He also sheared off the pivot point that was cast into the housing which in your case is still on the steering column so I could not fix it a 2nd time.

If you remove the housing and play with it a bit on a bench you will figure out how it goes together. Re Stake with a center punch and a few gentle taps.

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    Oh I'm pretty sure I have some pics of this at home! I recently performed surgery on my stalk and took some pics for reference. I'll pull them when I get home today.

Zack
    SAAB SAAB SAAB BLABLABLA Brewmaster's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1987 900 SPG (totaled), 1987 900 T16 (new SPG)
    Check this post out over at SC. If I can't find my pics, this thread has some good ones. Keep in mind that if you've lost the spring-loaded detent roller, you'll definitely need to find yourself one.

Paul A
    Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    T16 '93 Ruby - T16 '94 Vert Ruby
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
    Check this post out over at SC.
    Yes, that's my thread. If you have parts missing it can be a real problem, and you need the skill of a brain surgeon to repair if parts are broken. I would be inclined to see if you can source a used one. Saw this on eBay. It may be your best bet. SAAB 900 classic wiper stalk 8090853 | eBay

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    93 9000 CSE, 85 900T
    Hey Paul, That's the wrong side, but I like the price.
    I did try to use parts from a wiper stalk on the Turn signal stalk and although they look similar parts are not really interchangeable.

I have a disemboweled switch less roller and spring if anyone needs it for parts.