Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-3xwd

upgrading rearview mirror? 2011 9-3

anyone have any idea if the standard mirror can be swapped for one with homelink or the compass? I have a 2011 9-3. I would be surprised if the wiring was pre-existing, just wasn't sure if anyone had checked before.

Finding them pretty cheap on the secondary market and wouldn't mind the easy upgrade.

Hopefully this hasn't been addressed somewhere else, didn't see it in the search, but brand new to the forum so not really sure how everything is organized

thanks in advance

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The connector was already in place on my 2006 9-3 but I don't know if they changed that over the years. It's pretty easy to check if it is there or not.

Here are more details: http://www.saabdocs.com/English/inst...32000575gb.pdf

Welcome tot he site!

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Have you driven a car with the autodim for night driving. My 2008 Aero does not have it but Wifey has a base 2.0 XWD that has a few Aero options and that mirror. There is something I just don't like about the visuals you get from it. Can (or have), you try one in the evening first?
    Semper ubi sububi in caput tuum

Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-3xwd
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnanxwd View Post
    Have you driven a car with the autodim for night driving. My 2008 Aero does not have it but Wifey has a base 2.0 XWD that has a few Aero options and that mirror. There is something I just don't like about the visuals you get from it. Can (or have), you try one in the evening first?
    I haven't but this is my first time owning a car with out tinted windows, and driving at night is driving me nuts. Plus being lower to the ground than I was in my Jeep, means when every other person in the state of Iowa drives a truck, their headlights are right in line with the rearview mirror. Just banking on the fact that it does something, and it $100 for the mirror, versus $250 for tint, plus the countless tickets, because the stock glass is the highest tint allowed in Iowa

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I really like my auto-dimming rear-view and side mirrors. Sometimes it takes a short while to adjust when there is suddenly a car behind you but still so convenient to have. It'll also give you a better rear view at night when there is no car behind you. Definitely worth $100 to me if I didn't have one already.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    I guess I,m acclimated to it. That and I don't drive at night much anymore. You probably have more real farm and utility vehicles out there so the height is more the rule than the exception. Here the rule is a gal in a Lexus or Porsche Cayanne but that usuall blinding when oncoming.

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, 2008 9-3 2.0T
    I'm fairly certain the wiring is the same. I recently put one in our 2008 9-3 2.0T and the mirror from a 2004 worked perfect.

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    The wiring is there. It is plug and play. If you get an older one the bolts are not the same. Use yours. I think the auto dimming mirror is too stupid for words, but my lady loves the direction thing such as it is or isn't. I think it is more isn't than is.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    08/280/xwd & 09/210/xwd
    Mine likes it to as do younger people who I know don't know to read maps. Yeah, a lot of kids are clueless when it comes to a map.

Without having an overall general knoweledge of the area, the difference is that they are lost in a "westerly direction" ....

First post here, I'm about to buy an '08 9-3 Convertible, but I've owned 3 Saabs in the past.

My Prius got totaled and since I've moved to Los Angleles I decided to trade gas mileage for a drop top. I can replace most of my Prius features with a fancy nav radio and back up camera, but I really like the homelink feature of the rearview mirror (my complex has a gate and the remote is expensive and horrible looking)

I've seen some used autodim/homelink/compass mirrors but the listings all say sedan/wagon. Does anyone know if these won't work with the convertible or they just didn't list it? Worst case I'll have to get something that isn't OEM because I need those garage door buttons lol