It seems they are headed back to Europe. Some years ago a Brit (fractured relationship once a friend and Saab dealer), I heard through the grapevine that he was never in the Saab shop because he was spending all of his time hustling British cars back to the UK with the strengthening of the Pound. He then expanded into exotics at large such as Aston as well as rare Porsches and though he lost the Saab Shop became very wealthy. The Brits wanted back the TD's TF's and TR-3's that they could now afford.

Looking at Frank's "Venza" thread and that the one 9-5 Combi that was here is probably headed to Venza where a slightly used 9-5 Aero is commanding $90,000 or a 9-3 Aero (sans XWD) is headed toward the $60,000 mark (she paid a scant $24,000 with tax and tags), we are missing the boat folks.

Wifey's cousin Georg, from Oslo was begging me 10 years ago to send Corvettes to Norway, the kids love them. Now I see one with 40,000 miles on the Venza site for $45,000, two and a half times what I paid for my $6,000 mile car.

Soon we will have nothing but wrecks and relics here if the trend continues. At least Cuba has "relics" in the form of 1955 Chebbies that the US motorheads would give their first born for.