Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    You guys have me paranoid. Holding my hand in front of the vents its cold and I can't keep my hand there very long, but the cabin still feels warm.

How cold should the air blowing out of the vents be? What is the best way to measure? When it was 85 degrees F out with high humidity (so it felt like it was in the mid 90's out and difficult to breath), using an infrared thermometer and aiming it in the vents, I get temps ranging from 45 degrees F, to 60 degrees F. I've even seen some readings as low as 35 degrees F and lower, but not sure how accurate that is.
    If you hold your hands at the vents and they are getting cold, you should be fine. For my issue, no cold hands... however, there has been a twist. See my next post...

Saab(s)
    OK .. so before I could take the vehicle in for a malfunctioning AC, it is working again. And working great.

So here's my observation: When the temperature is pushing 90 or above, the AC does not work. When it is in the low to mid 80s (84-86 all day today), we have normal air conditioning.

So ... now I think this is software related. What are the odds that Saab Parts NA or the Technical Assistance Center is already working a software patch?

Anyone else with issues see this same behavior (based on outside temperature)?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94x

A/C not cold solution

Since I started it I'll end it
    So here it is I went on the SRX site to see if the caddies were having the same problem and surprise surprise they were. Here is the deal. First of all you can buy the compressor on line for about 160.00 it is the same compressor as the srx. You can get it at the the daeler for 370.00. Not to worry cause you won't be buying it. The 94 and the Srx have what the call an accumulator drier. It's like 50 bucks that that is the problem. They are faulty and there is a new replacement with a differnt part number. I had it put in a couple weeks ago 100.00 and there have been no problems since. It has been hot in NJ and I was in traffic and it was still cold. I

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1994 900 Conv, 2009 9-5, 2011 9-4x
    My AC has been working fine since the recharge a month ago...do you know the part no. for the replacement accumulator drier?

Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treeska View Post
    Since I started it I'll end it
    So here it is I went on the SRX site to see if the caddies were having the same problem and surprise surprise they were. Here is the deal. First of all you can buy the compressor on line for about 160.00 it is the same compressor as the srx. You can get it at the the daeler for 370.00. Not to worry cause you won't be buying it. The 94 and the Srx have what the call an accumulator drier. It's like 50 bucks that that is the problem. They are faulty and there is a new replacement with a differnt part number. I had it put in a couple weeks ago 100.00 and there have been no problems since. It has been hot in NJ and I was in traffic and it was still cold. I
    Great work. I was convinced I needed to get the AC fixed, but it manages to work when it's not in the 90s. Based on that, I was convinced it was a software issue. Actually, it was 94 degrees the other day, and it blew cold for us ... though it did need about 10 minutes to cool the cabin.

If you can post the part number for the acccumulator drier, that would be awesome. Who swapped it for you? Saab or Caddy dealer? Or Indy? Thanks again.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 & 2011 9-4x
    Thanks for the information. Your post saved me a lot time and money. I was having the same issue and replaced the air conditioning Receiver & Dehydrator Assembly. Purchased part AC Delco 15-11093 OE/2012 replaces original OE part 15-11074 OE-2011. Cost $30 on Amazon. My neighbor who is a mechanic did the replacement and it required the front end bumper to be removed. You will also need to bleed the R-134a and recharge. Started working right away. Sounds like this was a known problem on the Cadillac SRX 2011 models. The original GM part OE (defective part number) #20968486. Hope this helps...

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerkle View Post
    Thanks for the information. Your post saved me a lot time and money. I was having the same issue and replaced the air conditioning Receiver & Dehydrator Assembly. Purchased part AC Delco 15-11093 OE/2012 replaces original OE part 15-11074 OE-2011. Cost $30 on Amazon. My neighbor who is a mechanic did the replacement and it required the front end bumper to be removed. You will also need to bleed the R-134a and recharge. Started working right away. Sounds like this was a known problem on the Cadillac SRX 2011 models. The original GM part OE (defective part number) #20968486. Hope this helps...
    Is the fix holding up?

Anyone else try it and can confirm its a fix? i'm going to need to take mine in soon.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 & 2011 9-4x
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Is the fix holding up?

Anyone else try it and can confirm its a fix? i'm going to need to take mine in soon.
    Works great now...we cut open
    the accumulator and there was a mesh nylon bag that holds the filter and it looked like it was blocking the output port. My guess is they replaced the type of mesh so it would not clogged/block the port.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by bmerkle View Post
    Works great now...we cut open
    the accumulator and there was a mesh nylon bag that holds the filter and it looked like it was blocking the output port. My guess is they replaced the type of mesh so it would not clogged/block the port.
    Thank you. I will talk to the dealer about doing this at the my next oil change (in a month or so)

Saab(s)
    Mine is in with IMAutoHaus in Falls Church, VA for this and a few other issues that should be covered by my SAAB Secure warranty. I'll let you know what they find regarding the AC. Full disclaimer: I gave them this thread to launch off of, as they had never seen the issue before. Should have the vehicle back tomorrow at end of day.