Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Just to follow up... see this SRX Thread -> A/c which mentions [FONT=Verdana]PI0588A Google search gives this PDF -> [/FONT]http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=175483 which outlines the [FONT=Verdana]about the Receiver Dehydrator issue[/FONT].

And another SRX thread also discussing it -> AC Problem which has a shorter link to the Receiver Dehydrator PDF, and second link about a software update.

I still have some time before my next oil change, but will definitely get this taken care of then, unless the weather starts getting too hot.

Btw, how much should this cost to get done?
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 24 June 2014 at 20:58.

Saab(s)
    94-x Aero
    Anyone noticed if the "coldness" of your AC on idling vs. driving? Ours is COLD when idled at stoplight or what not and when driving on city street or highway the cold air reduces dramatically in our Aero. I'm going to check the low side of the A/C soon and maybe see if it's the dehydrator issue next. Has anyone else have this problem or any resolution?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    Finally took mine in, since I'm going on vacation in a few weeks (and will have the family in the car).

They did replace the Receiver Dehydrator. Its been blowing cold, very consistently, and hasn't blown warm since.

A side benifit is the corner of the front fasica near the driver headlight that kept popping out of place, now stays in place.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X premium
    The vents on the driver side blow much warmer than the passenger side when ac is on lowest setting. Do you think this is dehydrator issue.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    It could be, or it could just need a recharge.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-4x Aero, 9-5NG Aero
    Good day all! Greetings from Tbilisi, Georgia

I have the same problem with my 9-4x, 3.0, FWD.
    When it is average temperature outside - it works fine, almost ideal, air is very cold.
    When it is very hot outside - AC does not blow cold. Turning it off and after few minutes on helps, but not for a long time, 1-2 minutes.

I found this thread, so decided to write here: As i can see, replacing the Receiver Drier can fix my problem, but Amazon says, that this mentioned part (AC Delco 15-11093) will not fit my Saab 9-4x. Can somebody help me with choosing right P/N for my car, or Amazon is wrong, and this part is good for me? Should i purchase anything else for replacement of this part?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HUEDOOS...=251QMZ3AD8VMW

Thank you in advance!

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    did you check the refrigerant weight of the system ?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-4x Aero, 9-5NG Aero
    No, I did not. How much it should be?
    If it is not enough refrigerant in the system, it won’t be able to blow real cool air, isn’t it, or I am wrong? Temperature of air in the vents is about 7-8 degree by Celsius (44.6 – 46 degree by Fahrenheit), when AC works. After outside temperature reaches 96- 97 Fahrenheit AC just stops to blow cool air, blowing a little bit chiller than outside

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    not always if the difference between outside temp and inside settings is not really important, a lack of fluid could cause the ACC not working correctly. I will try first that before digging more deeper.

Saab(s)
    2006 9-3 2.0t SportCombi
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaka View Post
    Good day all! Greetings from Tbilisi, Georgia

I have the same problem with my 9-4x, 3.0, FWD.
    When it is average temperature outside - it works fine, almost ideal, air is very cold.
    When it is very hot outside - AC does not blow cold. Turning it off and after few minutes on helps, but not for a long time, 1-2 minutes.

I found this thread, so decided to write here: As i can see, replacing the Receiver Drier can fix my problem, but Amazon says, that this mentioned part (AC Delco 15-11093) will not fit my Saab 9-4x. Can somebody help me with choosing right P/N for my car, or Amazon is wrong, and this part is good for me? Should i purchase anything else for replacement of this part?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HUEDOOS...=251QMZ3AD8VMW

Thank you in advance!
    GM is a bit secretive about which Chevy part numbers will get you the same Saab part. The Cadillac SRX and the Saab 9-4 were both built on the same platform, in Mexico, at the same time, in the same place and share a ton of parts. Pretend your Saab is a Caddy and check fitment by options. If this looks like your part, is physically the same size as your part, odds are this is your part.

If you have a vacuum pump, gage set, digital scale and some AC experience, replacing this part yourself shouldn't be a problem. If you don't have the tools to weigh this charge to the gram, have it done by someone who does, it will cost you less to have it done than it will to break the system with an overcharge.