Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I installed these today and am happy with the results. The gap between the rear wheel and fender is now about the same as the front. I still have to get used to the new look because it sits significantly higher in the rear.

The rear camber is much improved as well, evn though I wonder if it may benefit of a few shims. But the only way to realy know is to get an alignment measuremeant done. It should look a lot better when there is some weight in the back as well. Should have done this 2 years ago!

Name:  P1160462.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  134.3 KB

Name:  DSC06277.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  DSC06263.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  97.8 KB

Name:  DSC06275.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  120.8 KB

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    Name:  KONI_yellow_1.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  49.3 KB
    Name:  KONI_yellow_2.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  45.5 KB

Koni adjustable rear dampers [versatile parts!] - SaabCentral Forums

My sedan has LPG system. I installed KONI yellow, up original higher apposition. A boy from our Saab club even raised yet its Saab (but it's wagon drive with much cargo and tow a caravan - see images).
    BOBI
    БОБИ

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 SE
    Hi wulf, do u remember the inner and outer diameters for the spring spacers? Cant find anyone shipping to Norway

Frank
    Saab(s)
    No, I don't have the dimensions available and I sold this Saab. But it shouldn't be too difficult to measure the diameter of the shock absorbers.

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Frank, could you say if your toe and tires cupping have been resolved by the spacers mounting ? if yes where do you ordered them, Thanks

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I didn't experience any problems with uneven tire wear after mounting the spacers. I should have gotten a wheel alignment but never got around to that as I wasn't noticing any issues.

I bought mine for this site: https://sites.google.com/site/jjjperformance/

Saab(s)
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon
    nordwulf, I noticed that you also installed some bilstein shocks on another vehicle. This seems to me like a bit of a silly question, but is there any way to know how much two new b6 shocks are going to raise my sagging rear end? I think I am going to use some spacers as well, rather than change the coils, to achieve a good ride height. What I am trying to avoid is having to do this twice, once to change the shocks, and then again to adjust the rear end height to at or near specs by installing spacers. So, yeah, am I missing something, or is there a good chance that I will just have to repeat the process to install spacers? Also, much thanks for your write up on the shock and coil change.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Quote Originally Posted by seanarrrrr View Post
    nordwulf, I noticed that you also installed some bilstein shocks on another vehicle. This seems to me like a bit of a silly question, but is there any way to know how much two new b6 shocks are going to raise my sagging rear end? I think I am going to use some spacers as well, rather than change the coils, to achieve a good ride height. What I am trying to avoid is having to do this twice, once to change the shocks, and then again to adjust the rear end height to at or near specs by installing spacers. So, yeah, am I missing something, or is there a good chance that I will just have to repeat the process to install spacers? Also, much thanks for your write up on the shock and coil change.

I installed rubber spacers then metal ones. The rubber ones fell out... So did one of the metal ones.
    On the third install... I drilled holes through the center of the metal spacers and used a Zip Tie on each so if any fell out I wouldn't have to buy a new set.
    The zip ties worked great.
    I also installed new shocks. (That did nothing for the sagging.) The spacers really made a big difference.
    I used to tow about 2500 lb with my 9-5 wagon.
    Good luck!
    Marty
    finding41
    Marty Jackson
    www.northchannelcharters.com

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanarrrrr View Post
    nordwulf, I noticed that you also installed some bilstein shocks on another vehicle. This seems to me like a bit of a silly question, but is there any way to know how much two new b6 shocks are going to raise my sagging rear end?
    As the name implies, shock absorbers only absorb shocks in the suspension and do not change ride height as far as I know. Ride heights is mainly determined by the springs. So adding spacers would be the easiest and best way to add to the ride height.

Saab Addict
    Saab(s)
    2011 2.0 9-5 Aero
    The cause of your sagging rear end Marty is probably worn out springs, spacers are really only any help if you want higher than standard ride height. If all you need is to restore the ride height, replace the springs, with the correct p/n.

What everybody calls shock absorbers are dampers, springs and dampers make a shock absorber.