Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95 Arc Wagon
    When I was in high school, my friend and I waited until his parents were asleep. We pushed his father's new 1983 900 turbo out of the garage and into the street. We had a blast tossing that car thru the corners and making the engine scream. His parents always had cool cars and we drove most of them but this one made an impression. I had a Nova at the time. I thought that had power but the 900's turbo combined with solid handling really made an impression. I bought my 9-5 with that night in mind. They are different cars and both make me smile. I think I need both cars!

arthur franklin
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    99GLE 78/ 2 900 3DOOR 87/900S 87
    Looked at the 9000 did not warm up to it the quirky things that said SAAB to me were not their,the major the ignition was placed on the dash not in between the seats that was my first draw to the SAAB. So I never drove one my brother-in law bought one and had everything wrong with it so it was a turn-off for me.But I keep hearing about the 9000

arthur franklin
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    99GLE 78/ 2 900 3DOOR 87/900S 87
    Thats a nice memory...COOL!

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)
    I'm hoping my Saab is the best. I only ask it to start every time and get me where I need to go - kind of like the Saabs I have flown in! Fixing the bells and whistles and the parts prices are a bit of a pain, but I really like the car so far. My friends owned multiple Saabs, so I am hoping this will be the start of a long love affair with used Saabs.

BTW - Are they going to be making new cars again?
    2001 9-5 Wagon

Zachary Houseknecht
    Swedish Tank Operator zmhcreative's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    1988 Saab 900 SPG
    I've owned a '90 c900, a '94 NG900, two '99 OG9-3's, driven in my gf's '04 NG9-3 and I now own a '96 9000 CSE.

I can say I've loved every single one of them, almost evenly, it's little things that make each stand out.

Name:  saab-900-620x266.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  45.3 KB
    The c900 is exactly how euromobile900 explained it. It is a car and never lets you forget it.
    The design, the quirks, your friends saw the huge hood and asked why it was so ridiculously long, as you explained the safety reasons.
    As well as the doors, friends wouldn't close them the first time because they were too gentle - as you told them to give it a good slam.
    Plus the hatch was probably the best hatch I owned - the space in there was even more than an NG900 or OG9-3 no doubt.

Name:  i173932.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  34.7 KB
    The NG900's were much more about practicality then overall design I would say, and I loved my ng - but just didn't feel the soul like I did the c900.
    That being said, mine was also naturally aspirated...so that could have to do with it.

Name:  1002095.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  34.3 KB
    The OG9-3 you could feel some soul, but it was just overall more reliable - and cheap - hence why its probably the Saab I see the most of where I live.
    I used my OG9-3's the most as trucks, moving me and my gf into our home, and when she found something on Craigslist, using it to haul.
    And the handling - unless you did some major upgrades, just wasn't anything to write home about.

Name:  gm_07saab93_interior.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  39.5 KB
    Now the NG9-3 is a mixed bag for me. It feels the most plastic, and has in my opinion a very 'dull' interior -I know the facelifted ones are better - but it's just something I really couldn't see myself driving.
    But I can say this - the engine and handling is impressive - my girlfriend just has a linear, and I'm impressed every time she, or I floor it and push it around a corner. It is well made overall, even if it is the most GM Saab.

Name:  1996_saab_9000_96635337741094240.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  34.7 KB
    And then the 9000, I've only driven it for 3 days, but I can say it makes me smile the most. It has upgraded shocks and some other suspension upgrades, but I knew these cars handled pretty well anyways.
    And I'm impressed, I point it where I want to go, and it goes there! Also it has all the luxuries I would ever need, and more! I impressed my coworkers today with all the features it had for a '96.
    I know they have their fair share of electrical issues, but I also came from driving a VW as my first car, the thing caught on fire from trying to turn on the headlights, so as long as that doesn't happen with my 9000 I'm happy.

So, after all that, which one is best?
    Yours. The Saab that you get the most use out of, the Saab that makes you smile, as you pass others on the highway, the Saab that you count on to protect you and your family - regardless of how old it is.
    Last edited by zmhcreative; 22 July 2013 at 19:24. Reason: Added Pictures
    -- My Fleet --
    1988 Saab 900 SPG - Just passed 270k
    1996 Saab 9000 CSE - About to hit 200k