Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Modest proposal - find a brake and tire shop with an on-the-car rotor grinding machine. They work well for mild 'flutter', don't cost much, are fast to git-er-done.

jack vines

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    FYi we have not HAWK Pad options as well. They are always my preference over EBC as they have better Feedback so when it comes time to change brakes again I will be going that direction instead of EBC.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Ok, so I found out my new neighbor used to be a mechanic. He has changed brakes/rotors many times, so he offered to help me.

Now, which pads and rotors to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    FYi we have not HAWK Pad options as well. They are always my preference over EBC as they have better Feedback so when it comes time to change brakes again I will be going that direction instead of EBC.
    You have all EBC stuff listed in the first post of this thread. So you don't like them now? Would you go with something different today?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    Ok, so I found out my new neighbor used to be a mechanic. He has changed brakes/rotors many times, so he offered to help me.

Now, which pads and rotors to get?

You have all EBC stuff listed in the first post of this thread. So you don't like them now? Would you go with something different today?
    So now that we have Hawk Pad options I think they are one of the better companies in comparison to EBC. I think the EBC units while better than stock are still a bit not to aggressive under braking. I think any rotor company will do (centric, ebc etc) and hawk pads along with SS lines would be a great option.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by kanundrum View Post
    So now that we have Hawk Pad options I think they are one of the better companies in comparison to EBC. I think the EBC units while better than stock are still a bit not to aggressive under braking. I think any rotor company will do (centric, ebc etc) and hawk pads along with SS lines would be a great option.
    Any suggested part numbers to order?

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I would check tirerack or autopartswarehouse. Make sure to use coupon codes

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Unfortunately long term tests results are very weird. I will be switching to a different brand of rotors and pads as initial feel was quite great but long term tests result in lots of wear and braking improvement reduction. Most likely I will be going with stoptech rotors and akebono setup. No other manufacturer makes aggressive fronts and rears like Hawk HPS or Stoptech street series.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Carbotech Brakes 1521 w/ EBC GD Rotors

----------

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    94-x and 9/3 Convertible
    I had problems with Tail Light assembly. 2011 9-4x LEDs went out. Was able to purchase Right Rear Tail Light Assembly from Texas Auto Parts, San Antonio, TX. 210-670-9326 he said he had one left. If anybody is interested.