Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2

Spark Plugs for an aero in a linear LPT?

I believe the buffoon @ O'reilly's gave me the wrong plugs...I've been reading thread after thread and I know that the LPT cars take the NGK [FONT=verdana]BCPR7ES-11,

I'm not sure which ones the guy gave me but I remember him saying something about having a v in the tip and being platinum, they ARE NGK, but I believe they are for an aero. I know the aeros use colder plugs. Is this an issue? Don't want to spend $200 on a DI Cassette so if I need to I will change them, but I can't find anything on any thread on any Saab forum stating whether or not you can't use the aeros in the linears, although I've found lots of info just not for my specific question. Thx!![/FONT]
    Saabfisticated people aren't just smart.....they're fast

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    IF they are the "Aero" plugs you are fine. I use those in ALL my T7 cars anyways. They run colder/better.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Jose Mateos
    it is what it is...... josemateos's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Linear/TDO4 swap Stg 2
    okay I just got home, the plugs I receive were in NGK bcpr6e-11, they don't say platinum on the box looks like they're the right plugs but without the S at the end. Any idea of these are ok? Thx!

EDIT: The S is the type of tip on the inside, S stands for standard, since my S is gone I've figured out that these have a v on the tip of the threaded side that's inside the motor, seeing how Saabs use the plugs as sensors I figure it isn't a good thing, but probalby not that bad either? Do you suggest I change them out? Thx!
    Last edited by josemateos; 28 June 2013 at 14:39.