Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Convertible

Exclamation Convertible Top Leaking

Hi, Saab-folks: I joined today after poking around the site for info on what to do about my girlfriend's leaky 2004 9-3 AERO. Fluid just pours out of the rail over the passenger seat.

I followed some suggestions about mixing some hydraulic Stop-Leak with some fluid, but after ten full cycles, it didn't really help. Top doesn't move and fluid flows out in a stream you need to hold a bucket under.

If anybody has any ideas, I would certainly welcome them! Please talk to me! Thanks!

Scott
    Baiting Hollow, NY (East Long Island)

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Hello and welcome. I moved this to the Workshop forum for some more exposure.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    07 9-3, 06 9-5
    Needs rebuilt hyd cylinder, have replaced 3, all 2004. Call me 516-244-3277, Calverton, NY.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    Yep - time for some cylinders. No sense in trying to "stop" the leak - it just needs fixing. Sadly there's no aftermarket for them and the OEM are very expensive. There is a company (who I have their business card at work) who makes lines for Saab's and MAY rebuild cylinders. I will post that information tomorrow - remind me
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2004 9-3 Arc Convertible, 2008 9-3 2.0T
    The place to get them rebuilt is Top Hydraulics | Rebuilt and Upgraded Convertible Top Cylinders, Pumps, Hydraulic Lines - Top Hydraulics, Inc. The do excellent work and have very fast turnaround. You are going to want to flush out your whole hydraulic system when you reinstall the rebuilt cylinder to get rid of that stop-leak $#!& you put in, it will only cause you headaches if left in. Use only CHF-11S or CHF-202 fluid in this system.