Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    2002 Saab 9-5 ARC

Headlights Lo and Hi Beams not Working

Hello! I'm new to this forum and new to Saabs in general, so hopefully someone can help me out! I just bought my first Saab a week ago, a 2002 9-5 3.0t V6 ARC, and I'm noticing that the headlights won't work at all.

Obviously I've tried replacing the bulbs and have checked the fuses, and I've read a whole lot about an orange relay going bad, but I don't seem to have that relay at all. The LED lights to either side seem to work fine and are always on in all three of the light switch positions, the blinkers work, and the lower fog lights work, but I can't get the center halogen bulbs to turn on at all. Do I need this magical orange relay? Or do I have something else going on? Anything that can help will be appreciated! Thanks!

(On a side note, I am also getting extremely low power from my outlets. Could this be relay related as well?)

Name:  IMG_0532.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  24.1 KB

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    You have XENON lights based off your fuse block. The center H7 bulbs are for flash to pass ONLY in factory mode. See this thread to modify:
    http://saabworld.net/f29/halogen-h7-...b-9-5-a-27248/
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2002 Saab 9-5 ARC
    Thanks! I'll give it a try when I get home today. This should fix the no brights as well hopefully?