Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5

Hello - New Saab Owner

Hi,

Just bought my first Saab. It's a 1999 9-5 Sedan. Working on basic maintenance. Have already bypassed the CBV (which blew on the drive home), and going to do some of the other updates I have been reading about here in the forums. Can't wait to have it all updated and enjoy the ride!

Just wondering if anyone has had the lower panel on the driver's door break? Looks like the clips that hold it in place got broken off, so it is loose.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    I removed the door panels on a previous 9-5 to fix the window rollers and it is easy to break those clips if you're not very careful.

Where in the DFW area are you? My brother lives in Southlake so I have been there a few times. Nice area but seems it gets a bit too hot for me in summer.

Welcome to the World!

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    I removed the door panels on a previous 9-5 to fix the window rollers and it is easy to break those clips if you're not very careful.

Where in the DFW area are you? My brother lives in Southlake so I have been there a few times. Nice area but seems it gets a bit too hot for me in summer.

Welcome to the World!
    Hi Frank!

Thank you for your reply! I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote "door panel", I meant the driver's side seat control panel (where the seat memory controls are). Wondering if I find one if they are easy to replace?

We are next to Southlake in Trophy Club (just west on Highway 114)! And yes, it has been hot down here. We got a little break last week, but by next week it's supposed to be in the 100s again. Usually the week that the kids go back to school in August is also hot. :-/

Still working on getting my 9-5 running. Have had it sitting in the driveway for 3 weeks now :-(