Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5

A/C Issue

I just purchased a 1999 9-5. On the way home, the CBV blew out. We replaced with the heater hose bypass kit. I also noticed on the way home that there was COLD Air coming from the front, but the backseat was blowing hot (like the heater was on). I had read somewhere that the CBV may be to blame, but now that it has been fixed this cold/hot is still happening. Any suggestions?

Kind of hot in Texas to be driving around with the heater on.

Thank you!

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Check the codes on you ACC.
    Here is a link. http://saabworld.net/f144/automatic-...b-9-5-a-28199/
    Welcome to the site. Good luck.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Finding41 View Post
    Check the codes on you ACC.
    Here is a link. http://saabworld.net/f144/automatic-...b-9-5-a-28199/
    Welcome to the site. Good luck.

I attempted to check the codes, but the display is not working very well (the pixels need to be fixed). I think it said 8 and 2, but can't be for sure. I used the link you sent to locate the codes. Will get them checked out tomorrow.

Thank you! :-)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5
    Got this issue fixed. Turns out the blend door under the passenger side was broken. Required taking the glove box out. The motor worked fine, but two parts were broken that caused it to not move from heat to cold. These are the parts that were broken and needed replacement. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  18.3 KB

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-5
    Ok - I mentioned before that I got the blend door fixed and Finding41 mentioned to check the codes on my ACC display. Well, the display pixels were messed up and I could not read the codes (the right side did not display at all).

I got a new display that reads perfectly now. When I installed the system, it ran a diagnostic before starting to blow (it never did this with the other display system as far as I could tell). I ran the diagnostic again and these codes came up:

1 19
    2 22
    2 19
    3 22
    3 11

I looked at the ACC codes on the link from Finding41 and looked at what they all meant. I guess my question is this - could they be left over from when the blend door was broken? or are these new codes? or since I purchased the part used are these left from the other vehicle? Is there some reason why there are two #2 and #3 codes?

After replacing the blend door, the air is blowing cold on the right side and in the rear now. I just don't want to cause further issues by not getting these faults taken care of.

Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    You sometimes have to run that calibration a few times to get the system all learned and calibrated. I'd run it about 3 times and see what codes show on the 3rd time. If none you are fixed.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)
    +1 Also, I had some errors I fixed and It all works and no errors. However, I still cant get warm air to blow on the driver's side. AC works a charm, and heat is fine on the passenger side, so I guess its a problem I'll solve in the winter.
    2001 9-5 Wagon

Saab(s)
    01 95 Aero and Wagon, 09 93 Combi and an 08 95 Combi
    Now you get to fix your left blend door stop lever. Tip: Get a small table or something even with your door sill so your body can stretch out over that as well. Otherwise you might not be able to walk straight for a few days, not to mention the pain.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I've got a problem with the heat all together. It doesn't blow warm/hot. Just cold all over. (I don't have any codes....?)
    I took the glove box out today and checked everything I could see. It all looks to be working the way it is supposed to. Arms moving and rods going up and down. I checked the Mess O gears under the plastic cover under the carpet on the console and lubed it with white grease and a shot of silicone spray.
    I tested it while laying upside down and had heat going to and coming from the heater core. Then I noticed that the heat started to work! Yea. Right? No.
    It wouldn't get warm tonight when I was out...
    Am I missing something? Does the blend door have a sensor on the door that tells it to stop at open/closed? Or Is it operated via a timing of the position from calibration. Like upon calibration it knows it is either open or closed and if it runs for 5 seconds in one direction it will be ....?
    Does this mean I have to get a new ?

I fixed the lower one on the pass side on my 04 ARC with a piece of copper tube and some epoxy. (the tube part was cracked but still one piece) I should have taken photos...
    I didn't know what the (and still don't) lower vs upper control/doors do. (I just knew I had a code on it (04) and replaced the motor and gear box. The new (from an 01 9-5) was a different/ smaller inner shape than what I had so I used the epoxy and tube.
    Can anyone direct me to a listing of what each blend door/ motor thing does?
    Thanks

Saab(s)
    2001 9-5 Wagon 2.3T I4 (B235E)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brennan View Post
    Now you get to fix your left blend door stop lever.
    Mike, not sure if this was a reply to my post, but I DID replace the left or drivers side stop arm and replaced it with an aluminum one. The motor is moving and I get no codes. not sure what to even check once I decide to get back into it.
    2001 9-5 Wagon