Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Saab(s)
    Saab 9-5 2006 Estate
    This is the reason I have joined the Saab Forum, reading the list of possible causes and repairs to find the headlamp relay needed resoldering. Many many thanks guys a free repair..By the way I do read the forums and FAQs just in case my problem has happened before. even my wife loves the car our replacement for the MX5 she was so fond of..

Saab(s)
    Thank you Cosmo. Only problem, I cannot find the large orange relay module. Or better yet, my Saab doesn't have one. I have a 2003 9-3. I'm wondering if there was one that was replaced with a Bosch one or something else. What position in the fuse box should it be in?

I'm so looking forward to getting this figured out. Both my low beams are out, the lights are ok, the fuses are ok, and this lamp relay sounds like the culprit.

Thank you.
    Blessings,
    Chris.

Saab(s)
    Saab 95 TID sport

Thumbs up Big Help - Thank You

This worked perfectly. Thanks again. Well pleased with my self. 🙂

Saab(s)
    9-5
    Thanks, just fixed same problem in my 9-5. Forums like this are keeping SAAB alive...

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 Conv
    Still some new folks - thanks for the post. After replacing the bulb with no love, I came looking here. Found the post and the problem. After a few minutes with a soldering iron - all is good. Thanks

Bruno
    Saab(s)
    9-5 ARC Wagon 2002 2 t auto engine B205E
    Guys that's so cool to find some helping tips for keeping our Saabs alive. that's for a cheap price

Saab(s)
    2002 9-3 SE

4109070 relay module tentative repair

Hi, I had exactly the same problem on my 2002 9-3 SE one month ago. Indeed, I observed a lack in electrical continuity on the side of the 56al contact (56 - 56al).
    I did not even care to remove the orange cover cap : I simply forced laterally on this very 56al contact in the good direction (trial and error process), and re-installed the relay on its base.
    Keep crossed fingers, the problem hasn't come back up again since...

Saab(s)
    03 9-5 Arc Wagon, 03 9-5 Linear Sedan, 03 9-3 Conv
    Thank you so much for instructions. I got this issue in 03 9-5 Linear, and was short of replacing the wire, after trying out the relay from my project 9-3. Turned out both relays had the same crack in solder, and after whipping out my trusted solder iron (I dabble in electronics) both relays are in good order and problem is gone. Same issue plagued my 03 9-3 Convertible, it is next on the block.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 93 linar
    Hello,
    I hope someone can help me, I have 2003 93 Linar The high beams will not come on, I do not have the Orange relay and looking in my Owner manual there is no relay for the headlights or High beams...Anyone got any suggestion?

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Under the hood in the fuse box Ther are a bunch of relays. Start swappingg them out.
    Check the causes and the fuse box lid to see what delay is for the high lights.