Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    88' 9000 2.0i, 05' 9-5 Aero 345HP, 11' 9-4X Aero Hirsch
    Who should make parts for US? is it SAAB Parts or GM or Spyker? Maybe we should try make lawsuit or something. It should be 9 years manufacture support us with parts. My car was made by GM is think.

If there were more owners, the U.S. government would have stood behind their company, GM, and covered warranties -- they even could have offered us SRX replacements or money back.

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    I sent Saab Automobile Parts North America an email asking about the availability of windshields for the 9-4x. This is the reply, from the horses's mouth:

To: Renato Piereck
    Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
    Subject: 9-4x Windshields

Dear Mr. Piereck,

The standard windshields are available. We are diligently looking for a reasonable source for the Heads Up Display version. You can use the standard windshield if replacement is necessary. We have no estimated availability on the HUD.

Saab Automobile Parts North America is responsible for supplying Genuine Saab Parts to the U.S. and Canadian markets. Since beginning sales operations in June of 2012, the flow of Saab parts has quickly restarted and availability is already at historic levels.

At this time there are over 180 Official Service Centers in the U.S. and Canada, with plans to expand the network with additional service centers to help ensure Saab owners have a convenient and reliable place to obtain Saab parts, accessories and service.

With our recent one year anniversary of Saab Automobile Parts North America, we have announced a new industry leading offer of a 24 month or 24,000 miles whichever comes first limited warranty on replacement parts and labor for repairs using Saab OE Parts at any of our Saab Official Service Centers.

For information on where to purchase parts or obtain genuine service, please visit us at Select your Country / Region - Saab Automobile to see a complete listing of current Official Service Centers.

Thank you for contacting Saab Automobile Parts North America. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Yours truly,

Carol - The Saab Automotive Parts North America Customer Assistance Team

Phone: 800-955-9007
    So unless you really need an HUD windshield it appears Saab Parts has them.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    no Saab 9-4x's has HUD's

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    Well, if Saab Parts is looking to make HUD windshields then I can assume a few do.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    Well, if Saab Parts is looking to make HUD windshields then I can assume a few do.

Or they are confused and thought of the 9-5 even though the email says 9-4x

My bet is that SAAB Parts are confused and talking about 9-5 windshields. It will be interesting to find out. I think the Spokane SAAB dealer would have provided this same information if it was true. Wouldn't that be something . . . Carol, SAAB Parts Customer Assistance Team, has never heard of the SAAB 9-4x!

Saab(s)
    2008 9-3 Turbo-X, 1994 900 CommEd
    Have you found a windshield yet? We were thinking about picking up a 9-4x Aero this weekend but I just stumbled on this thread and it scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by raquettelaker2 View Post
    Have you found a windshield yet? We were thinking about picking up a 9-4x Aero this weekend but I just stumbled on this thread and it scared me.
    I talked to my dealer this morning who said that SAAB Parts didn't call back yet with an answer on the 9-4x windshield -- he thinks that they are looking for a source to make the windshields and that they will be coming.

That 9-4x Aero would be a great car.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel H View Post
    My bet is that SAAB Parts are confused and talking about 9-5 windshields. It will be interesting to find out. I think the Spokane SAAB dealer would have provided this same information if it was true. Wouldn't that be something . . . Carol, SAAB Parts Customer Assistance Team, has never heard of the SAAB 9-4x!
    I am 100% certain they confused the 9-4X windshield question with the NG9-5 question in that e-mail response. We NG9-5 owners with HUDs have to use the non-HUD glass for now until a HUD windshield becomes available. Makes HUD just slightly blurry, though not blurry enough for me to not use it all the time. Love the HUD. Had hoped 9-4X would have had the HUD as an option ...