Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jeffrey
    Master SaabTech/Moderator Burnsside42's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -

Post Brake Pedal Sticks Down 2010-11 9-5 9650 Brakes Remain Applied or Lights On

New TSB on the New 9-5

Service and Warranty Reference Library

Title:Brake Pedal Sticks Down 2010-11 9-5 9650

Date: 07/22/2013
    To: All OSC's

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Title: Brake Pedal Does Not Raise After Apply - Brakes Remain Applied or Brake Lights On Unwanted[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]MODELS: 2010-2011 Saab 9-5 (9650) [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]CONDITION/CONCERN[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]A customer or technician may comment the brake pedal may not raise or seem stuck down after a normal braking event. The condition will typically occur in high temperature/high humidity conditions and may not be repeatable. The brake lights may remain on and the brakes may drag after the pedal is released. A pop, click or snap noise may be heard when pedal is applied or released, but is not always noticeable or present. [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]If the concern is intermittent allow the vehicle to idle for 30 minutes with the heat on high in floor mode to try and induce the concern.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]RECOMMENDATIONS/INSTRUCTIONS:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]There is a bind in the brake pedal pivot bushing, replace the brake pedal/w bushings and the 2 retaining clips. The service part is only available as a pedal assembly per GM Service Parts Operations. The new pedal can be removed from the new assembly and installed into the vehicle with the new bushings and clips to complete the repair.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]KW's: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]PIC5692 PIC5692A stick sticky sticking 2010 2011 9650 9-5[/FONT]

European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Is this a recall? Or is this something we will need to pay for if it is happening?

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    - 86' 9KT - 95' 9K Custom CS - 06' 9-3 Combi - 07' 9-7X Arc - 08' 9-3 Convertible - 08' 9-3 TurboX -
    NOT A RECALL

This is covered if you have an aftermarket warranty.

The Buicks have the same problem.
    European Motor Services, LLC - Point Pleasant, PA 18950 - www.europeanmotorsvc.com

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    this is happening on my car. the break lights were on all day today because the pedal stuck and I didn't notice it right away. I have to pull the pedal up off the floor a bit after every time I apply the breaks to get the breaks to fully release. I just purchased the car recently and have had to replace the rotors because they were warped and worn after only 25kmi which makes me think this has been occurring for some time

any idea where i can find parts? i cant find it through my usual avenues ?
    Last edited by glafebe6; 09 May 2015 at 00:53.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    well took my car in for service and they confirmed the brake system is fine and it does seem the be just in the pedal, but they are not Saab experts. they told me t o take it a Saab service center. I live a long ways from the nearest Saab service center and this is my daily driver so I can't drop it off somewhere for very long. it seems to be a pretty labor intensive effort to get to the brake pedal assembly per the WIS so I'm worried it's going to cost a ton.
    any ideas for a safe retrofit? maybe attach a spring to the pedal to help it return? it doesn't take much force.
    anyone else have this issue and what did you do about it?
    i can do a lot of stuff myself as long as I don't need a lift or anything you can't get a lowes/autozone

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    well I spent some time making phone calls and posting online and email and was able to get the parts I need. I found a shop that had done this repair before in MN and they said it took them about 7hrs to complete the repair. according to them there is not really any written procedure for how to get the pedal out and that you need to completely remove the dash to get to it

Jeffrey
    Saab(s)
    They are full of shit. lol It's a 3 hour job at best. Any GM tech can do it in less time. Dash does NOT come out of the car.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 saab 9-5 turbo-4 manual, 2008 saab 9-3 aero xwd manual
    Hello,
    New to this site. I have been experiencing the same problem with my pedal assembly. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacement parts? I have been looking on-line for a complete pedal assembly which I understand is needed as the bushings, etc. are not sold separately. Also, has anyone done this job themselves? Or, can any GM shop perform the task using GM parts?

Thanks folks!

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Hello,
    New to this site. I have been experiencing the same problem with my pedal assembly. Can anyone tell me where I can find replacement parts? I have been looking on-line for a complete pedal assembly which I understand is needed as the bushings, etc. are not sold separately. Also, has anyone done this job themselves? Or, can any GM shop perform the task using GM parts?

Thanks folks!
    You've got a SAAB Master Tech in this forum ... Burnsside42 ... so maybe he can get you the part number(s) for this 3 hour job. If you live in eastern PA, I'm sure he can do the work for you.

I don't think a GM Shop will touch it. Best to check for your nearest official SAAB service center at Saab Original

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 saab 9-5 turbo-4 manual, 2008 saab 9-3 aero xwd manual
    Quote Originally Posted by glafebe6 View Post
    well I spent some time making phone calls and posting online and email and was able to get the parts I need. I found a shop that had done this repair before in MN and they said it took them about 7hrs to complete the repair. according to them there is not really any written procedure for how to get the pedal out and that you need to completely remove the dash to get to it
    Can you please point me in the right direction to get the parts I need? Thank you!