Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    '11 9-4X Aero, '07 9-3 Aero Conv, had 9-3 Conv (99) 9000 (86)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownieone View Post
    I think there is a manual way to do this ... involves letting air out, reinflating, etc. I've read about it being done on a NG9-5, which is the same system as this. However, this might be easier?
    Do not let the air out. I have that tool [FONT=Noto Sans]EL-50448[/FONT], just go to Vehicle Menu, select the screen that displays tire pressure, hit clear/reset button. Start with the drivers side front tire, just hold the tool next to sensor, car will honk once reset, go to the rear passenger tire and so on... car will show you what tire to do next by blinking the turn signal above the tire. its fun to do...

Saab Fan
    Either the Coast or Mountains of North Carolina
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Has anyone tried the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Season Plus on their 9-4X? We've always used Michelins (exception of the Continentals that were on my BMW Z3 when we bought it) and been pleased, but the Pirelli's have better ratings on TireRack and Sam's Club's site, not to mention the $60 difference. A few SRX drivers posted reviews of the Pirellis and seemed to be pleased, however was still wondering if any 9-4X drivers had used them.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    I am currently using this

AZENIS FK453 TIRE | Falken Tire

Basically was not happen with our all season selection so I am doing a summer winter setup

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    Never heard of Falken tires, but I'll check them out. I don't experience enough snow to have a summer/winter setup; We get snow Oct-Mar, but I'm usually on the coast for a month and DOT for my area is great about clearing the roads (not to mention I only have a 5 minute drive per day and can take public transit if the weather is too bad).

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    I used Falken on my 9-3 aero conv., and was not happy, they needed to be balanced too often and eventually one tire blew, so I replaced them with Continentals. I have Michelins on 9-4x and am happy, but will switch to continentals also, since in the past, Michelins got too hard and slippery on the road with time, even thought they were only 50% worn out.
    I read somewhere that tires with uneven and unusual threads (which looks cool) change form with different temperature, therefore creating vibrations. And that's what I felt with Falken.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    I've noticed the same thing about the Michelins that came on the 9-4X, TapacUA; Ive taken off from a stop sign a few times and could feel where the tires weren't gaining traction like they should (which shouldn't be the case given they only had 32k on them last time it happened). I'll check out the Continentals - they always did great on the BMW but and I would hope for the same on my 9-4X. I still have a few months before I have to buy anything; just trying to get a plan in place for this winter.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    '95 9000 Aero, '98 9000 CSE, '05 9-5, '11 9-4X
    Ive taken off from a stop sign a few times and could feel where the tires weren't gaining traction like they should (which shouldn't be the case given they only had 32k on them last time it happened).
    The wife's gently driven 9-4X won't get anything like 32K out of the OEM Michelins. Since I run snow tires on all our rigs from November-March, so can't give an actual mileage, but it's much faster wear than it should have. I've begun to suspect an alignment problem, as they've begun to exhibit what I term "micro-chunking" - little bits of rubber being torn from the tread.

Anyone else had an alignment issue?

jack vines

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium FWD
    I haven't any alignment issues with mine, Jack. Tire rotation and alignment done at every oil change (~4k miles), and I wouldn't necessarily say I drive mine gently. I may drive a Saab, but I'm closer to a BMW driver . I've heard a lot of people get less than 30k with the Michelin LT HP, though, so it may just be an issue with the tires.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    Yeah, def not worth replacing now, wait till winter. I'm not too picky about tires, you can always replace them at least once every 2 years, but I will stick with Continentals on both of my Saabs. just feel more comfortable. I've learn it's still cheaper to replace tires regularly than waiting for something to happen, that could end up costing way more... it's all about safety, I never go cheap on brakes or tires.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 Saab 9-4X Aero
    The problem with the 9-4x tire size is that it has such a weird sidewall so the aspect ratio is completely whack in terms of tire selection. We can't get any Continental DWS tires or a really solid all season tire so I believe I have to split the seasons up. I hate to compromise so that is why I decided to go with summer tires and winter tires. The falkens are a great summer tire for grip/rain but they are not a cold weather tire which is why I have a set of blizzaks as well.