Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    So..... I need new subframe bushings on my 04 Arc.
    After my installation of the piece O plastic in the front transmission mount the car still clunks some times. Not all the time like before but maybe 5% of the time now. I posted a new thread about it. http://saabworld.net/f9/i-dont-know-...n-mount-29515/
    Check out the fine craftsmanship!
    Thanks for posting the video!

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    There is a few places where you can order the sub frame bushing and all other saab parts :

European Auto Parts - Wholesale Genuine and OEM | Saab BMW Volvo VW Mini Audi Porsche Mercedes Benz ------- all the stock bushing available

http://www.thesaabsite.com/95/Saab-9...t.html#linkbar All the stock bushing available

PowerflexUSA - 9-5 (98 - 10) --- All the bushings you need Poly - Performance - pricey -but you will notice the difference in handling.
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    It's getting worse. Sound is still the same but is now happening at smaller steering angles. I am guessing it still points to bad CV joints so perhaps best to start with that.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    06 9-5 SportCombi (sold 02 9-5 Aero Estate (UK), sold 85 900 T16 4 door (favourite car ever))
    I continue to watch the situation on our 06 9-5 that has the same symptoms. The click remains and I've decided it is a CV joint, not the power steering pump as I 1st thought. But, as it hasn't changed in over 60,000 km, I just monitor it. Reason for my note is that last summer i had to change one of the ABS rings that rusted and broke - the fix for that requires that the axle shaft be removed & the good news from that job is that the CV joint replacement is simple & it seems parts are easy to come by & not too pricey. In retrospect, I kicked myself I didn't order the part and do the CV joint while I had the axle out (the noise is from the same side I replaced the ABS ring) as I was 90% done at that point....

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Front axles were replaced on my 9-5 and the ticking noise is gone! About time after more than a year... $150 for 2 new axles and $300 labor was worth it to have a healthy car again. The noise was getting to the point I was afraid I would get stranded with catastrophic axle failure somewhere in the middle of nowhere at the most inconvenient time.

Replacing just the joints probably would be about the same price for parts and labor so easier to change out the axles. Hopefully these Chinese axles will hold up over time.

More details here: http://saabworld.net/f9/cv-universal...acement-31044/