Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Fan
    Thumbs Up:   0

Unhappy Heater / ac fan flaky

97 900 se turbo 2.0 2 Dr hatchback. At first, fan was high only, but went on on right turns only, off on left. If i turned engine off then on, sometimes fan would start. During winter, it fixed itself, even fan speeds. Now fan won't go on at all, though cool air did change direction from floor to vents to defrost. No power. Where can I start?

0 Not allowed!

Saab(s)
    1996 NG900 2.0 Turbo automatic
    My guess is you have ACC, the automatic climate control system. Push the Auto + Off buttons simultaneously and see what number appears on the ACC display. Anything other than "0" means that you have an error of some kind.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    See personal reply.

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Should have posted here, i guess. Still learning my way around. If you didn't see other post, your instructions came up with 0. Now does bad fan resistor, loose connection apply to me? I've seen these pop up elsewhere. What should i try next. USA version, steering on left side. Thanks. Ken

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    It could be a loose connection somewhere. I used to have problems with a loose connection at the connector block near the motor (where the motor's spade connectors are converted to the harness' connector). Fixed it by replacing the connector block and splicing in a section of the harness side wiring.
    Name:  fan.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  51.0 KB

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscuro View Post
    It could be a loose connection somewhere. I used to have problems with a loose connection at the connector block near t
    he motor (where the motor's spade connectors are converted to the harness' connector). Fixed it by replacing the connector block and splicing in a section of the harness side wiring.
    Name:  fan.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  51.0 KB
    Wow, with diagrams yet. Thanks I'll get it checked out. Like to have ac while it's still hot

0 Not allowed!

Saab Fan
    My blower motor gained a mouse as a tenant, so just replaced that. Listen to this. Went on one site, they listed 3 models for my Saab 900 se, one was 29.95, next 250 , 3rd 283 for blower motor assembly which I assume contains resistor and all. I bought the thirty dollar one, it works great! I still have the short when it goes off on turns, I'll have that looked into with your diagram, but I haven't had a/c and heat for a year +. The resistor was 42, but my fan is either high or off, same problem with old switch, too. Don't mind as long as it goes. Just had to tell you about the blower motor. Fan, cage and all, 30,brand new. Sometimes I luck out. Thanks for your help with that.

0 Not allowed!