Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    That is an awesome database and a tremendous effort you are doing. Thank you!

I think it would be great to have links to pictures wearing each wheels on the wheels page.

You are missing my 9-5 winter wheels, which are BBS made for Saab, even have the SAAB name cast on them. They are 16" and have 5x110 bolt pattern. I can check width later:
    (crappy photos, I can get better ones if you want them)

I saw this 9-3 Cabrio last year, it was more Monte Carlo yellow than Saffron yellow, you don't have Monte Carlo yellow for the NG9-3:

Suggestion for your site: next up, steering wheels!

BTW, a small link to Saab World in your Links page would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I just posted a link to Saab Archive on my Saab Tumblr page: http://daddywasaplane.tumblr.com/pos...t-this-website
    Last edited by rpiereck; 30 July 2013 at 22:24.
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wulfers View Post
    305 - Electric Blue was never offered on the og9-5.

The picture you have for 301 - Arbor Green appears the same color as Pepper Green. The one I posted earlier is a bit light in the picture.

Looking at those wheels, satin trim around headlights and silver roof rails, I am thinking this is a 2009 and not a 2006.

This is a 9-3 in Arbor Green. Never seen it on a 9-5 though.
    My Saab WIS says that Electric blue was offered in 2006 on og9-5. I'm not sure what to believe, but I've had a principle of always using the official Saab info if I can obtain one. I'll probably stick with that for now.

You're right about arbor /pepper green on og9-5.This fault has occured due to the initial fault of believing that pepper green wasn't available on 9-5. I'll fix that!

About that arbor green on 9-5, this info is also from WIS, so I'll keep it for now. But I agree with you, never seen that color on a 9-5!
    Last edited by saabeirik; 31 July 2013 at 19:54. Reason: faulty bbcode

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    That is an awesome database and a tremendous effort you are doing. Thank you!

I think it would be great to have links to pictures wearing each wheels on the wheels page.

You are missing my 9-5 winter wheels, which are BBS made for Saab, even have the SAAB name cast on them. They are 16" and have 5x110 bolt pattern. I can check width later:
    (crappy photos, I can get better ones if you want them)

I saw this 9-3 Cabrio last year, it was more Monte Carlo yellow than Saffron yellow, you don't have Monte Carlo yellow for the NG9-3:

Suggestion for your site: next up, steering wheels!

BTW, a small link to Saab World in your Links page would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I just posted a link to Saab Archive on my Saab Tumblr page: my daddy was an airplane

Thank you!!

- First of all, did you notice the wheel galleries? The wheel "thumbnails" are clickable, and by clicking it you'll see images of wheels on cars!

- Those wheels seems to be the ALU29 (in my database). These were standard on 900 Talladega. (But thanks anyway!)

-That cab is neither Monte Carlo or Saffron. Monte Carlo yellow wasn't available after 2000. Saffron has never been an official Saab color, it was a "test color" there were rumours about, but the color that actually became available was the Lynx yellow. Lynx is also in the overview, and this was only available on ng9-3 cab.

- Thank you for the steering wheel tip! I love the idea! Idea noted. By the way, I've got the same steering wheel in my 90

Also thanks for the grey photos Wulfers!

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by saabeirik View Post
    My Saab WIS says that Electric blue was offered in 2006 on og9-5. I'm not sure what to believe, but I've had a principle of always using the official Saab info if I can obtain one. I'll probably stick with that for now.
    I can only dream of a 9-5 in Electric Blue.

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Link to Saabworld put on the link list! Will look into organizing links in a better way some day..

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    - First of all, did you notice the wheel galleries? The wheel "thumbnails" are clickable, and by clicking it you'll see images of wheels on cars!
    I clicked on one of those before and didn't see anything. Now I realize there weren't pictures of cars for that wheel. Others are showing up fine.

If you need pictures for the 6-spoke split 17x7 wheels (Wheel gallery - Category: 6-spoke split - Saab Archive) , feel free to use pictures of my 9-5. SaabWorld - Saab Garage

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Great! I was wondering if it could be those wheels on your car, couldn't decide from your avatar ;-)

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Thanks for all your contributions so far. Some missing information are now in place, but there are still quite a few photos missing.

Please have a look in the lists of missing colors and wheels, to see if you can help with any of these!

Please follow us on Facebook if you'd like! We'll need as many followers as we can get, to get the databases completed. Therefore I'd like to encourage you to follow us on facebook, and help spread the news of the site

Ideas to other databases are also welcome!

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    Thanks for all your contributions so far. Some missing information are now in place, but there are still quite a few photos missing.

Please have a look in the lists of missing colors and wheels, to see if you can help with any of these!

Please follow us on Facebook if you'd like! We'll need as many followers as we can get, to get the databases completed. Therefore I'd like to encourage you to follow us on facebook, and help spread the news of the site

Ideas to other databases are also welcome!
    Well, I got busy again, and had to snap some quick pictures, so they aren't the best quality.

Here is my spare tire, wheel. I'm not sure if it was used for the spare only, but it is the same size/dimensions as the regular wheel, just a different design. They are 15" steel wheels that are 4.5" wide. Bolt pattern is 5x170. These are the original color as far as I know, and there are steel caps that cover the wheel bolts and hub, but leave the surrounding wheel exposed.
    Name:  WP_20130801_010.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  52.6 KB

Here are the stock wheels that came on the car. Same 5x170 and 15"x4.5, but I painted them black and their design is a bit different. I've also included a picture of the hubcap on as well. But, there were several different hubcap designs for these steel wheels.
    Name:  WP_20130801_009.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  52.5 KB
    Name:  WP_20130801_001.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  44.0 KB
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    95V4, 99, 90, 9000, 9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Well, I got busy again, and had to snap some quick pictures, so they aren't the best quality.

Here is my spare tire, wheel. I'm not sure if it was used for the spare only, but it is the same size/dimensions as the regular wheel, just a different design. They are 15" steel wheels that are 4.5" wide. Bolt pattern is 5x170. These are the original color as far as I know, and there are steel caps that cover the wheel bolts and hub, but leave the surrounding wheel exposed.

Here are the stock wheels that came on the car. Same 5x170 and 15"x4.5, but I painted them black and their design is a bit different. I've also included a picture of the hubcap on as well. But, there were several different hubcap designs for these steel wheels.

Thanks for your effort shazam! I'll look into this. Any part number on the wheels?
    Last edited by saabeirik; 08 August 2013 at 07:40. Reason: (Removed quoted images)