Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X

General Saab 9-4X discussion and picture thread

I think it is time to get the 9-4X forum going here. I know there aren't many 9-4X sold yet but the more people read and see about the 9-4X, the more people will want one. It truly is a fantastic crossover and very good value for money at the same time.

So... Saab 9-4X owners, please post pictures of your 9-4X in this thread. And others, post any picture of a 9-4X that caught your attention and ask questions about specific features or details. And discuss anything about the 9-4X, of course.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I took some new pictures yesterday and added it to my Garage: SaabWorld - Saab Garage

No matter how often I look at it, the design just impresses every time. All proportions and details are just right and I love the details like the ice-block blue headlights and side marker.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    I did take a picture of the odometer with 32 miles on it. I also took a picture of the engine but the plastic cover pretty much hides everything. I'll need to remove that to see what's underneath and take a picture.

One of the things I noticed is the placement of the oil filter. It is located on the front of the engine and you can actually reach it and remove it from the top. Other parts like the alternator seem very accessible as well. I like these nerdy suggestions of pictures and will take some today.

Scott Hutchings
    Too much to do, no time! SaabScott's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    2009 9-7X 5.3i
    Looking good Frank ... makes me wish I was into this segment of vehicles.

On a side note ... yesterday in my travels, I saw 3 different 9-7X's ... very rare around here.
    President, The Saab Club of Canada
    www.SaabClub.ca

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    93 Aero
    Not bad, look pretty sharp...BUT it also reminds me of the GMC ACADIA....your thoughts?

Frank
    Saab(s)
    These pictures turned out quite interesting as I didn't have a tripod with me. I thought they were going to be much blurrier.

The front lights are the regular projector lamps together with some very small but bright white city light. I'll need to take a picture of just the city lights as the regular head lamps overpower in a picture. I am surprised (but glad) they didn't give it some kind of LED treatment on the front.

The rear lights look really cool with the band going all the way across. I can't think of another current vehicle on the market today that has this. The two tail lights on the side are just a little bit brighter.

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    The only car I can think of that has lights across the entire back. Completely different looking though.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    06' 9-5 Sportcombi, 06' Sport Sedan
    Nice looking car Wulf!

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2011 9-4x, 2008 9-3 Aero, had 2005 9-3 Arc, '93 9000CSE, '86 9000Turbo
    Pix of mine are here -> SaabWorld - Saab Garage

I love driving it. Ride is much better or at least I like the feel of it more, than my late father's 2010 GMC Terrain that was one of my trade ins.

While black wasn't my first choice of color, I do like everything about it. Due to the slope of the hatch and back end on the 9-4x, I did give up a little cargo room over the GMC (about 2 cubic feet).. but the rest is well worth it!!

The front park assist is great because I can't judge the edge of the front end yet.

With the NAV unit, the back up camera is displayed on the NAV screen. Blown up that big, it does get a little blurry, and I did like how the GMC had it in the mirror since my head was up looking around while backing up, so that is something I need to adjust to along with the push to start, ability to unlock by grabbing the door handle with the fob in my pocket, etc.

Power rear lift gate is something I didn't think I "needed" but now that I have it and have used it, its a nice addition.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    There are few things I thought I didn't need or even wanted like the power lift gate, push button start remote sensing entry/locking (or whatever it is called) and the rearview camera in the mirror. But it is these features that makes a car interesting and different.

It is very convenient you can walk to the car, push a button and the lift gate is open ready to put stuff in the back. I don't have to take the remote out of my pocket to lock/unlock the doors and start the engine. I can even start it remotely. Amazing! It is a challenge to back up the 9-4X without a camera so I am glad I have that as well.

My favorite feature is the Bose audio and iPod connectivity. Even crappy mp3 files sound very good and controlling the iPod from the head unit is so convenient. How's the audio with the navigation system?