Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    9-3 convertible 2006 1.8i

Battery draining

I wonder whether any other Saab 9-3 owners have had this trouble, although it's not necessarily confined to a Saab.
    Despite replacing my battery with a new one, on isolated occasions when left overnight the battery has discharged.
    I've checked all the usual things (interior light goes off/boot light goes off/car is locked) and had the new battery tested and OK'd.
    The parasitic drain can happen overnight whether I've had a long journey or a short journey the day before. And it doesn't happen every time!
    Saab/Vauxhall service garage has checked it out electrically and told me nothing is wrong.
    Any clues anyone?

dshrimpton

Renato Piereck
    Spreading the Saab virus rpiereck's Avatar
    Saab(s)
    '00 9-5 Aero SC, 87 900i 8v
    First of all, welcome to Saab World.

Wikihow and Popular Mechanics have good articles on how to find parasitic battery drain, the best thing is to follow these steps one by one to find out what is draining your battery. Good luck, and please share with us what you find is draining the battery:

How to Find a Parasitic Battery Drain: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
    How to Find and Stop Car Battery Drains – DIY Car Battery Drain - Popular Mechanics
    Now: '00 Saab 9-5 Aero Combi - '89 Peugeot 205 CTI - '91 Peugeot 309 GTI
    Gone: '87 Saab 900i - '95 Saab 900 SE Turbo

Saab(s)
    9-3 convertible 2006 1.8i

Battery draining/Parasitic

Thank you very much for replying to my question so quickly. I shall investigate both web-sites.
    Danke schoen.

Quote Originally Posted by rpiereck View Post
    First of all, welcome to Saab World.

Wikihow and Popular Mechanics have good articles on how to find parasitic battery drain, the best thing is to follow these steps one by one to find out what is draining your battery. Good luck, and please share with us what you find is draining the battery:

How to Find a Parasitic Battery Drain: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
    How to Find and Stop Car Battery Drains – DIY Car Battery Drain - Popular Mechanics