Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95

Part Number 13320956 Rear turn signal socket..none available

Anyone with a post 2010 9-5 know the dreaded melting socket on the rear tail light pod. (If any of you know of a source for the part please reply.) I have discovered a way to temporarily repair the socket. The socket melts pushing the bulb up and away from the lower contact. 1. Crack the socket if it isn't already cracked 2. Push the bulb as far as you can into the socket. 3. Safety wire the socket just above the pins in two places on the bottom of the bulb. 4. Safety wire is twisted until the plastic socket becomes very tight around the bulb. Write me with questions the method is based on my experience as an aircraft mechanic.

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Did you place an order for one with Saab Parts North America? It may take a while, but they'll get it. Glad to know there is a temporary fix though.

I had this happened to mine ... same socket. There was a SAAB back then, so it was replaced under warranty. Been 20K miles since the repair, no issues.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    You may want to look at switching to LED's. They are allot cooler! (Both ways.)
    I'm slowly changing all my interior lights to LED. I've had it with a dead battery because the door is left open. (Even with the interior lights turned off... The door ground light sucks juice fast!)

Saab(s)
    2011 9-5 Turbo4
    Anyone yet found a supplier for these blinker bulb sockets? Also, someone suggested switching to LED. Do you have a part # and source for those?

Thanks!

Saab(s)
    2011 9-4X Premium, 2010 9-5 Aero, 2008 TurboX SC
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipII View Post
    Anyone yet found a supplier for these blinker bulb sockets? Also, someone suggested switching to LED. Do you have a part # and source for those?

Thanks!
    They are now available through Saab Parts North America.

The sockets I mean, not the LEDs.

They came in stock about 2-3 weeks ago. Just order from your Official Saab Service Center and they will come with a 2-year warranty.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Linear, 2011 9-5 Aero
    I am experiencing a "light bulb out" failure problem on my 2011 9-5 Turbo6 Aero. I have tried to replace the bulb, but the old bulb is not burned out. That still doesn't fix the problem. I checked the bulb socket as discussed in another post, but there's no evidence of melting. What next? Does anyone have any other thoughts? Thanks.

Saab(s)
    2005 9-3 Linear, 2011 9-5 Aero
    I think I fixed my problem. I scraped the bottom contact with the tip of a screwdriver. I also carefully and slightly raised all of the contacts both in the socket and in the housing. The contacts look to be very fragile, so I would suggest using extreme caution if attempting this yourself. I do have one question, though dumb as it may sound. Is there any way to power the turn signals without starting the car?

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Good morning - the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! the doubt leads to more confusion.
    An answer to your question - test all the indicators using the hazard light circuit - always live and not through the ignition circuit.
    Or - only activate the ignition circuit but without pressing the start button.
    Hope this helps - perhaps this is a national model issue?

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2000 95, 2010 95
    Hey Finding 41 do you have a part number and location for the leds for the tail light bulbs. My sockets continue to melt

Saab Nut
    Saab(s)
    2012, 95 Aero
    Hi CDyoung try - LED brake light bulbs - car or motorcycle. Custom 12v LED bulbs, white or red.

Have done a quick search for you - these are for replacements to standard bulbs. Have only bought some 'normal' headlight bulbs for my wife's Skoda.
    Service to UK was quick and efficient so hope this helps.