Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Here is the allen key inserted.
    And here is how I got my dipstick hose out. knocked it up from the bottom. I couldn't pull and twist enough to get it out.
    I didn't remove the servo pump tube.... I just cut a piece of wood to fit as a wedge making sure not to touch the tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I think I know what the trouble you are having with the servo pump. Here is how I did it: Undo the 2 bolts through the pulley. Undo the 3rd bolt that holds it in (Its directly behind the top bolt that was removed through the pulley... so other side.. It's kind of hidden by the cobra)
    Pull the pump out toward the rad. Push it to the passenger side. Then there are 3 bolts that hold the bracket on.
    Done.
    I was having a hard time with the intake manifold but found that if you just loosen the injector rail you can get a 13mm socket on the bolts.

That"s enough for me today.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    once I get servo pump out of way can get last bolt and im ready to lift it off and change good luck with rest of it and everything got pretty easy after a few looks at it

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    Did you get the bottom intake manifold bolts from under neath?
    I removed the PVC box but have not got it out of the car yet.
    Tomorrow I'll get the top off and it will come out easily for cleaning.
    By the way what a mess of oil and dirt under the bracket for the tension pulley.

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    I got it thanks that last bo0lt was a pain

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    mine wasn't to bad just had new alternator put in so it was pretty clean over there. As for intake it just took them out from above I didn't undo the stabilizer arm for it though shouldn't give me any problems I really don't want to get under my car with cheap jack stands to take it out if I have to but I will If it comes to that. Just waiting for my dad to get home so he can help me remove this bad boy so tomorrow I can clean it up with all that extra space and look for the fuel injector fastener I dropped when taking them out.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    That little spring will be easy to find. lol! It could have gone behind the PVC plastic tank... Hope not. Are they magnetic? Maybe try the magnet first if it's not on the ground.
    For me I'm climbing up on to and under. I have a gravel driveway and a thin foam pad so its so much more fun! (and 2 creepers sitting in the shop...) I used to have access to a double car garage with a smooth hard foor that could be swept and kept clean. (Thanks mom!) Those were the days. I fixed my smashed F150 SCREW and did a break job on my ARC in it most recently. Then my dear old mom decided to sell the house in "Cracktown", buy a trailer and move to the woods. (No joke!) She likes it. Says its peaceful.
    For jack stands I'm using 3 and the jack (not set but ready to catch just in case) as backup. I have to put the jack stands on plywood or they sink into the ground.
    I have a set of ramps that I can't use. Yet. I'll make a wood extension ramp to get onto the steel ramps when I get time.

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    I got it off! Great news! Everything looks fine! Except the head gasket. And When I lined up the timing marks on the cams to TDC the crank was out of position!!!!!
    I'm not sure how this could have happened. I can't see the timing chain jumping a tooth on the crank sprocket. (Unless the crank sprocket is done...Maybe a broken crank shaft key? I haven't got there yet.) The chain and top sprockets look great! Like almost new!
    When I took the head off the gasket split in half from #1 cyl and the timing chain area. It seems to be built like a wafer cookie. There don't seem to be any glaring problem areas but it looks a bit dirtier on that end. When I pulled the bolts they all seemed tight but I found that the ones down at the #1 cyl end were covered with oil...? The other ones didn't have oil all down the threads...?
    Here are some pictures. valve cover and head, 1,2,3,4 cylinders, Head, #1,#1 with half gasket.

Tim; Those little springs on the injector plug push in to release. Did you pull it out?
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    yeah I got caught on it when removing something else and pulled it out by accident and was wearing gloves and dropped it

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    2003 Saab 9-3 linear
    hey any helping words don't know how I missed this step

[FONT=TT188t00][FONT=TT188t00]Remove the belt tensioner. Loosen and move aside the generator. Remove the
    generator bracket.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]