Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5

Strange behavior of the climate control

Hello!
    Today something strange happened.
    Morning outside temperature was about 19 degrees Celsius.
    I went to the car wash and washed my car.
    On the way, I did not notice anything strange behavior of the climate control.
    I parked my car in a parking lot under direct sunlight without shadow over him.
    After about an hour I got in the car and drove. Climate Control is set to Auto. 22 degrees Celsius.
    The display shows an external temperature of 25 degrees Celsius.
    Usually in this situation, Climate Control begins to actively cool the interior of the vehicle.
    This time, something strange happened.
    The fan worked very hard. The display shows that revolve only domestic air passenger compartment. That is OK. But after a while I felt that something was wrong.
    The left side came out very cold air. In the middle and right, the air did not seem cool. In the middle and right blowing lukewarm air.
    Name:  Panel.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  19.6 KB
    This did not change after a long-term driving. The fan was still blowing hard. The display still shows that revolve only interior air.
    I explain that the inability to cool the interior.
    In the heat of this summer, climate control is working properly. At first actively cooled and over time, decrease the fan blowing. Then opening the valve and the air was coming from outside the vehicle.
    It was comfortable and pleasant.
    But today I got unpleasantly surprised by what happened.
    Does anyone have any explanation for this?
    Can anybody help me?
    Is there any idea where is the problem?
    Thank you in advance for any reply and feedback!
    BOBI

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    HI!
    Today I found the problem. I went to the mechanics. By the amount of coolant was left only 150 grams. We did a thorough review of the climate system. My Condenser In the middle of it, there was a stain of lubrication with a diameter of about 10 cm.
    Now I'm looking to buy a new Condenser.
    Filled the air conditioner with refrigerant. 680 g. Here with us still warm and I need climate control. I hope it does not go away very quickly. Endure until the purchase new Condenser.
    Can anyone help me and pointed me Part № ?
    VIN: YS3FF49S931006021 , SAAB 9-3 Vector, MY 09/2002, 175HP, 5 speed automatic gearbox
    Thanks in advance!
    BOBI

Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2003 9.3 2.0l turbo vetor
    Hi Bob ... reading thro the forum and spotted you have a Vector ... so do i, only mine is the 150 b.h.p...2.0 t just wondered wot sort of m.p.g. your getting ,coz mine aint that good ... it's showing 18 5 ish on the comp ...... thanx Graham

Saab Enthusiast
    Saab(s)
    9-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Hi Bob ... reading thro the forum and spotted you have a Vector ... so do i, only mine is the 150 b.h.p...2.0 t just wondered wot sort of m.p.g. your getting ,coz mine aint that good ... it's showing 18 5 ish on the comp ...... thanx Graham
    Hi Graham!
    I can not give a correct answer. Car drive it my daughter. Her car SAAB 9-3 SS Vector is 175 НР. 5 speed auto gearbox. m.p.g = miles per gallon? In Bulgaria (Europa - EU) fuel consumption is calculated in liters per 100 kilometers.
    A British or American gallon is? I use this site
    Convert Fuel consumption
    for the conversion of m.p.g to liters per 100 km (l/100).
    What is obtained after conversion:
    18,5 m.p.g = 12,71 l/100
    There's a very important question. You're only in town you drive? Or do you just drive out of town? Or do you drive in the combined cycle?
    If you drive only in the city, I do not think that the fuel consumption is high. I will be happy with this fuel that you have, driving in Sofia, Bulgaria. In Sofia 13-16 l/100. In Sofia is a big difference between driving in summer and other seasons. In the summer, people are on vacation. Also, the car very quickly reaches optimum operating temperature. It is very important if the vehicle is used for short and medium distances in the city. The worst combination with the highest fuel consumption is winter season and short distances in the city (as I am driving in winter ). The vehicle operates with a rich air-fuel mixture long until an optimal temperature of the engine. Short distances vehicle can not reach optimal temperature of the engine.
    My Saab 9-5, 4 speed auto gearbox, 2.0LPT, upgrade to 260 HP with new Mitsubishi turbo and new software, has fuel consumption 14-20 l/100 in Sofia city. I use fuel propane butane gas (LPG). When I'm driving on the highway at a speed between c180 and 200 km / h, alone, fuel consumption was about 14.2 on the comp l/100 km LPG.
    I think we can compare fuel consumption, just driving out of town. And at the same speed.
    I think any comparison of fuel consumption in city driving will be wrong. There are many factors that affect fuel consumption in the city is difficult to enumerate. Driving style and behavior of the driver, traffic, seasons, distance ......
    This can easily be convinced. Just drive the same car a few people and then compare the fuel consumption.
    I hope you understand what I wrote. My English is not good!
    BOBI