Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register

Saab(s)
    1999 9-5 3.0 V6

1999 saab 9-5 v6 no power above 3000 rpm sluggish

Need some help from here. 99 saab 9-5 v6, no power above 3000 rpm, throttle dead past half way, no codes. cleaned throttle body, checked MAF sensor, cleaned sensor pipe in between suction hose and hose to inter cooler. No fix. Noticed suction hose to throttle body collapsing when revving the engine up. If driving with light acceleration no problem. still goes up to 70 mph and over. when downshifting engine is stuck on 3000 rpm and have to let go of throttle to get it to shift upwards. suspecting turbo waste gate is stuck open or shut but knowing that the waste gate is internal not sure how to check that. checked the bypass valve and working. with or whithout the vacuumhose the intake hose still collapsing. Any ideas anyone?

Kenny
    Saab Fan
    Saab(s)
    2005 SAAB 9-5 Aero MT
    Vacuum Leak -

I owned a 01 9-5 with the same issue - the issue was resolved when I replaced the Brake Booster. Inner seal was leaking - I couldnt hear it cause the fan blower in always on and it on the floor in the back where the pump is pushed. So check every vacuum hose and vacuum operated device and valve.
    SAAB
    Keep Calm my friends
    and Apply BOOST