Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
    Saab(s)
    9-3 turboX sport combi

Hello!

I've had my Saab 9-3 Turbo X sport combi (station wagon!) for a little over a year. Black on black, we nicknamed it Stealth Vader. It's a 2008 and been a dream... until last week. So that's when I found all of you. Great tips and info and hope I can get all the help I need.

Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Bowdren View Post
    It's a 2008 and been a dream... until last week. So that's when I found all of you. Great tips and info and hope I can get all the help I need.
    Not the best of circumstances but still glad you found us. Is this your first Saab? What problems did you have with it?

Saab(s)
    9-3 turboX sport combi
    Yep, my first Saab! If I have my terms right the coolant overflow tank broke where the hose connected to the nozzle. Crumbled, more like. It took me two weeks to find a replacement. i didn't realize the hose wouldn't fit the new part. I've tried lubing up the new end, stretching it, even tried to soften it with a lighter. But it just won't fit the new part. The only other thing I can try is getting a bigger hose and hoping I can clamp it tight enough on the smaller original sized end. But I have no idea if that's good for the car? Should I try double clamp it if it can fit?

Saab(s)
    9-3 turboX sport combi
    Name:  DSC00572.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  36.4 KBName:  DSC00579.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  33.8 KBThis is the old bottle and then the new one with the much larger nozzles.
    I tried to by a hose that was in between sizes, hoping to make them both fit as well as I could but it's just not big enough. So we are back on the look out for another tank. We dont know how to make sure we get the right one. This tank fit every way but that one. And they look the same on paper. I'm at a loss for what to do.