Welcome to the world of Saab ! Register
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Frank
    Saab(s)
    previous: 2006 9-3, 2001-06 9-5, 2011 9-4X
    The $800 factory tour is an extended private tour and is done on the day the buyer's car is actually manufactured. It would be pretty cool to see your own car being built throughout the entire assembly process. I think I would pay $800 for that.
    https://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buyertour.asp

Marty Jackson
    Saab(s)
    Sadly a Volvo XC90
    How much can you save by helping build your new car?
    I'd go for that.
    Kind O like the Build a Bear franchise model...

Frank
    Saab(s)
    You can now go through the process of ordering a NEVS 9-3 on their website. Not much news we didn't know yet besides you can test drive the car in mid January. You can't order any options, only accessories installed by a Saab service centre. Only 2 colors are available: silver and black.

The sales flyer with specs is in Swedish only: 2014_Saab_9-3_Aero_Sedan_brochure_Sweden.pdf

There are 2 new pictures where one shows the full front interior. Only the seats are different, everything else is pretty much the same as before.

It is still a good looking car, inside and out. I thought they would have at least replaced the GM radio with something else but hopefully there will me more changes in 2014. But it is difficult to get excited because we have been looking at this same car for 12 years and the last interior modifications for 7 years.

It'll be interesting to see how many they will be able to sell in the next few months.

Name:  2014 Saab 9-3 Aero sedan interior dash front.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  2014 Saab 9-3 Aero sedan interior driver.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  80.6 KB

Mike
    Saab(s)
    Saab-less
    I think it's age is showing in the specs too.

0-60 mph: 6.9/8.6 (manual/automatic)

I'm not so concerned by the actual times, though these times are far from fast and the auto is darn slow, but rather the differences in the times. The automatic is nearly two seconds slower to 60 than the manual. To me, that is a huge sign of the dated technology in this thing.

It's looks have aged well over the years though. Any more pictures of the new seats? It's hard to tell from those pictures, but they look nicer than the ones before. And I really like the turbine-esque wheels.
    Free SaabWorld Stickers
    "Sometimes it is better to travel than it is to arrive." - Robert Pirsig

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    1999 9-3SE (2013-2015), 2005 9-3 (2005-2013), 1990 900 (1990-2003)
    I don't mind driving the same design if it's good. I drove the classic 900 design for 20 years.

However, comparing it with the new BMW 3 series, which came out in 2012:

The BMW's gas mileage is better. I get 29 mpg, instead of 26 in the Saab.
    Programming of preferences is easier
    Auto stop and start, which saves gas, is standard
    Bluetooth is standard

These, to me are the main technological improvements. The other differences between the two cars are just the decisions of the design staff, such as exterior aesthetics and handling.

From a beauty standpoint, some may consider the Saab design dated in the dashboard because there is no large screen.

I actually like the small grille of the 2003-2007 9-3.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Saw turbine wheels like that on a OG 9-3 last week

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Information from NEVS:

The first Saab orders signed

The first Saab customers signed on Tuesday its orders when sales started at Nevs website. Even after an hour had eight orders were placed, and the total on Tuesday ordered 15 Saab cars.

- It is gratifying that we directly encountered an interest that also led to the cars ordered. And our first customer came to see me actually in Trollhättan yesterday afternoon.

We are humble but also hopeful for the continued sales. Many people have heard of and want to make an appointment for a test drive, which we started with in January, says Jonas Hernqvist, Nevs sales manager.

Name:  saab-customer.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  47.2 KB

The first Saab customer Lennart Fahlgren from Lidköping, (left), along with Nevs sales manager Jonas Hernqvist

Frank
    Saab(s)
    Interview with Mattias Bergman by P4 West.

(1 mil = 10 km)

- You will see a continuous change, but the initial specifications are complete. It will be gradually made changes to the specification in terms of both battery and powertrain, says Nevs CEO Mattias Bergman to P4 West.

The Chinese city of Qingdao which is a partner in Nevs will buy the first 200 electric cars and will begin shipping in April.

The electric car is a Saab 9-3 since and will be 80 percent the same as the petrol car now being built in the factory in Trollhattan - the difference is the powertrain, according to Bergman.

The electric car will initially have a range of around 20 mil. This means that it can run as far on a single charge.
    - We have said that if a normal car drivers running tens mil a day requires an electric car to walk 20 mil a day, so that's what we're working on, says Mattias Bergman.

Will the first electric car that you launch to have a range of 20 mil?
    - Yes, that's the goal.

The car will be built at the factory in Trollhattan, but assembled in China where, among other things, the batteries will be put in. The reason is that Nevs has two battery factories in the country.

The production of electric cars in Trollhattan will start early next year, says CEO Mattias Bergman.

- It does not take that long to produce, but then they will be shipped to China as well. Early next year, we begin to build our first electric cars in Trollhättan.

What does it mean to you that the production of electric cars soon start?
    - It is an important part of implementing our vision. It is to offer our customers not to be dependent on fossil fuels, but also have the freedom to move with a passenger car. For us it is important, that's what our focus is. Then we let the customers decide whether they want an electric car or a conventional car, says Bergman.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=5730746

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    Saab probably doesn't want the expense of importing the 9-3 to the U.S. because maybe it needs to be recertified? They can't just sell 1,000 to the U.S. because 200 dealers don't want to sell merely 5 cars. Of course, there could be regional sales, like 5 west coast cities and 15 cities from Boston to Chicago. There could be European delivery with no dealers except for service but that will harm sales.

When I did European delivery, the man at drop off said there used to be hundreds of Saabs dropped off each year but then (2005), it was rare, just one every few days or a week. I dropped off at Gothenburg, the busiest site.

Dave T.
    Saab(s)
    I just thought how they can make ten cars a week and have several paint colors. They can't. The car is black or silver, two fine choices if only two colors are available. (see link to brochure in above post)